Its me, Zee!

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Infinium, Garrett Pro Pointer(x2), 30" Bazooka Prospector, Scuba Gear
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to all you bunny huggers out there. Not! This is one of my many other hobbies. My two 50lbers this winter.
SAM_0452.JPG

And when I decide to shave.. haha. Me doing another one of my favorite hobbies.
walleye.jpg

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, those are huge beaver. I've done some trapping in the past, but beaver seemed like too much work under extreme weather conditions. Especially this winter with the prolonged cold and snow. Stand your ground when the hate comes.

OP
OP
Zee

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Infinium, Garrett Pro Pointer(x2), 30" Bazooka Prospector, Scuba Gear
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, yeah beaver are definitely a lot of work. First thing I seen was your profile pic and I thought "Oh great I already angered someone" lol (Referring to my bunny hugger comment) Which is inappropriate in the first place, but it's a term I use jokingly. Just so everyone knows, I love animals.
They taste great.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
those are some big guys there. First time I heard beaver slap its tail at me I thought someone was shooting at me. Scared the pudding outa me. I've had rabbit, squirrel, & ground hog, but not beaver.

OP
OP
Zee

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had quite a few times when I have literally dove for cover after a beaver slaps its tail real close to me lol.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dang those are some big beavers! Do you hunt them because of population?

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some good sized beaver. The fur ought to be in top prime quality, but with spring approaching that should change. Thanks for sharing! :icon_thumleft: P.S. Nice Walleye!

OP
OP
Zee

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang those are some big beavers! Do you hunt them because of population?

Thanks, my biggest was a 64lber a few years back! These two were both right about 50lbs. Where I live there are multiple strings of beaver ponds and lakes that each hold from a few to a dozen beaver depending on the size of the body of water, I usually take a few out of each if I can. I also trap for people when the beaver are taking down trees too close to their buildings.

OP
OP
Zee

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some good sized beaver. The fur ought to be in top prime quality, but with spring approaching that should change. Thanks for sharing! :icon_thumleft: P.S. Nice Walleye!

These were mid-winter so they were alright, I will find out what they brought me at the sale within a week. I didn't catch as many critters as I wanted to as the weather pretty much shut me down. I did get myself a couple of nice otters this year though so that should bring me a nice chunk of change. And that walleye should still be swimming around doing his thing if he learned from his mistake the first time! :laughing7:

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, my biggest was a 64lber a few years back! These two were both right about 50lbs. Where I live there are multiple strings of beaver ponds and lakes that each hold from a few to a dozen beaver depending on the size of the body of water, I usually take a few out of each if I can. I also trap for people when the beaver are taking down trees too close to their buildings.

What size trap do you use for people?:laughing7: I think you worded that wrong.

OP
OP
Zee

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What size trap do you use for people?:laughing7: I think you worded that wrong.

Theres quite a few different sizes they make for that particular animal... The beaver get annoyed that the buildings are too close to their ponds, and the people gotta go! The beaver pay better, lol.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good job!! and to the people who are anti hunters/guns/trappers they really need to google where the turkeys, chicken etc that they eat come from. they are giant warehouses and the birds suffer to produce eggs etc. I would rather take a bird out of population that has had a good, clean and free life. THAT is more humane to the animal. MHO, but each to their own.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you ever trapped a shaved beaver?

Shaved beaver.jpg

OP
OP
Zee

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good job!! and to the people who are anti hunters/guns/trappers they really need to google where the turkeys, chicken etc that they eat come from. they are giant warehouses and the birds suffer to produce eggs etc. I would rather take a bird out of population that has had a good, clean and free life. THAT is more humane to the animal. MHO, but each to their own.

Couldn't agree more!

And G.I.B... More than my fair share! lol

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha,
I started to tell you, "That ain't no hog, that's a tapir"! (I was looking at the nose section, not the tail). LOL!
We don't have many beavers in S. Fl, at least not without bikinis.
Nice ugly fish, too! Welcome and thanks for sharing.

Yeah, them people traps can be tricky, pphiker! :laughing7:

trap.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread