jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Kevin, Are You Doing any Detecting There ?

OP
OP
The Master Chief

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, Oh yes myself and the wife went looking today. found some great beaches here is one. didn't bring the detectors spent time with the wife. This way I can get out and have fun. quality time with the wife. Kevin

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Kevin,
Stationed their in the early 70's. Great time and wonderful beaches. Have you tried metal detecting around the old swim area that has a water slide? It is located north of the AFB on the east side of the island. Alot of drunk GI's hung out there, should be able to find some coins, rings and watches. Good hunting 49er

TOWcritter

Hey Kevin. I was stationed there in '78/'79 and the old Japanese caves are literally a treasure trove! I was at both Camp Hanson and Camp Schwab. Schwab was the most beautiful place I think I've been to. 2 small islands that we used to snorkel to on the weekends were the best. I have to check my old stuff to find out where they were exactly. We used to run to the beach about 2 or 3 miles 1 way. Awesome scenery. Are you living there or just visiting?

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hey Kev. I was there in 1967. Looks like it grew up a little since then. Good for you, leaving your MD at home and getting some Quality Time with the wife. Have fun~CO2

M

mainegold

Hey Kevin, I was in Okinawa at Camp Courtney '82, some great beaches and alot of caves in that area of the island. Good luck detecting! Nice pics of Oki. Take care, Mainegold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread