Kevin In Okinawa
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jan 2005
    CA
    Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett ProPointer
    33 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Kevin In Okinawa

Traveling around Okinawa Japan today.
    "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy."
    President John F. Kennedy

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    34626 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Kevin In Okinawa

Welcome Kevin, Are You Doing any Detecting There ?

us
    Jan 2005
    CA
    Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett ProPointer
    33 times

Jeff, Oh yes myself and the wife went looking today. found some great beaches here is one. didn't bring the detectors spent time with the wife. This way I can get out and have fun. quality time with the wife. Kevin
    "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy."
    President John F. Kennedy

us
    Feb 2005
    Sun City, Arizona
    Whites..MXT..GMT
    9 times

Kevin,
    Stationed their in the early 70's. Great time and wonderful beaches. Have you tried metal detecting around the old swim area that has a water slide? It is located north of the AFB on the east side of the island. Alot of drunk GI's hung out there, should be able to find some coins, rings and watches. Good hunting 49er
    Thank a Veteran

us
    Jan 2005
    Knee Deep In A Creek in Maryland
    5 times

Hey Kevin. I was stationed there in '78/'79 and the old Japanese caves are literally a treasure trove! I was at both Camp Hanson and Camp Schwab. Schwab was the most beautiful place I think I've been to. 2 small islands that we used to snorkel to on the weekends were the best. I have to check my old stuff to find out where they were exactly. We used to run to the beach about 2 or 3 miles 1 way. Awesome scenery. Are you living there or just visiting?
    MARYLAND  PROSPECTOR
    www.placergold.blogspot.com

"Semper Fi"

"78-82"

Dec 2004
    2 times

Hey Kev. I was there in 1967. Looks like it grew up a little since then. Good for you, leaving your MD at home and getting some Quality Time with the wife. Have fun~CO2
    ...And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make...John Lennon...White's DFX-MXT-QXT-Classic V ID-Prizm II-Garrett ACE 250

mainegold

Hey Kevin, I was in Okinawa at Camp Courtney '82, some great beaches and alot of caves in that area of the island. Good luck detecting! Nice pics of Oki. Take care, Mainegold

Sponsored Links