DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
Hi all,
I love this site.
Great people and great info.
I got into MDing just last December to kill time between hunting and fishing trips and to show how much I'm hooked this is me hitting a place called Jacks Sand bar in the middle of the Suwannee River during a morning turkey hunt. I was drifting along listening for gobbles and couldn't resist hopping on the bar and swinging away with my Excal.
Mding rocks!

Attachments

• excal.jpg
    excal.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 520

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
Welcome to the Forum DR! :) Sure looks like you got bit by the Treasure bug there! ;) The background right behind you, looks just like the spot, where my heart is yearning ever... :)

Good luck with your new KOOL hobby, DR. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts in here.

HH

lb

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy DR,

Welcome aboard to the wonderful world of detecting. Very nice pic of you and you do look like a serious hunter. Did you find anything on the sandbar? Looking forward to pics/posts of your finds. Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

;) RR

OP
OP
D

DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
I found some clad that morning and lots of trash.
The bar is usually under 2 ft of water but because of stiff winds out of the northeast combined with negative low tide at the mouth of the river the water dropped exposing the bar for a short time.
It is a major party spot for boaters during warmer months and the sand is soft and the current is pretty swift. I imagine stuff sinks in rather quick there. I plan to wade it this Summer maybe after fourth of July weekend. should be some goodies to be found then.

OP
OP
D

DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
Thanks for the welcome Country Girl.
Nope, I didn't get one that day.
I got sidetracked by my excal, but I did get one.
A big ol Suwannee River swamp bird.
20lb with a 10" beard and 1-1/4" spurs.

Attachments

• st1.jpg
    st1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 316

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Wow thats a couple big turkeys ;). Seriously that's a big bird! We actually saw one in a field above the house, had his tail feathers all spread out, it was so big we thought it was small bear and ran home to get the binoculars. Nice photo thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread