i scared in-laws

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mother in-law was taken off her medication because last week she was unresponsive and was given 6 days to live. She is 94 and outlived 3 husbands. I predicted that she would come back to her old self and be ok. I told my wife and in-laws the medication was killing her not nature. Well today she is talking and eating. Now i dont have to go to the old farts funeral.:hello2: Im thinkin she will live to 105. Thanks for reading. DSCF1436 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on.

My Grandma is 95, and every time she starts to have trouble, it's because of some new pill.

She didn't get to 95 by taking medication. It's such big business, I bet you would be surprised if we knew how many people are more messed up because of unnecessary meds.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i am one.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet my mother in-law lives twice that long. ( That's all I'm gonna say. )

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People are figuring it out about over medicating. Some are too late, and the damage is done, ie; kidney's, liver, etc.
Just as I feel the worst thing to do with cancer, is to do surgery, allowing air to get to the cancer. It spreads like wildfire that way. IMO.
I've seen it happen too many times.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that's the look 'the old fart' is gonna be givin you if she ever sees your post. hahaha!

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that's the look 'the old fart' is gonna be givin you if she ever sees your post. hahaha!
hay i can run faster than her

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
update- she died this morning

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that. Condolences

redstar

Mar 31, 2012
Parkesburg, Pa
Detector(s) used
none, yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss. Some folks will ralley before they pass on.

Advise to other: You have to be an assertive advocate for your loved one in this medical system we have. Ask questions, always. Use common sense. Do not think a doctor is GOD, question him. Question the nurses.
Been in the medical field for years, hospitals are scary places, they have a time limited period where they have to get things done. They will rush though and make mistakes. They have to go by what is called a "Pathway" that is a structed order of what a diagnoses prossess has to do with tests ect over period of a few days, does not matter the age of the person. It is insurance driven. (all about money). I know, I was on pathway committies, and developed them. Always question, question question.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss. Some folks will ralley before they pass on.

Advise to other: You have to be an assertive advocate for your loved one in this medical system we have. Ask questions, always. Use common sense. Do not think a doctor is GOD, question him. Question the nurses.
Been in the medical field for years, hospitals are scary places, they have a time limited period where they have to get things done. They will rush though and make mistakes. They have to go by what is called a "Pathway" that is a structed order of what a diagnoses prossess has to do with tests ect over period of a few days, does not matter the age of the person. It is insurance driven. (all about money). I know, I was on pathway committies, and developed them. Always question, question question.
i agree thanks

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear this. Most of us won't live to see 94. It's good to know she had so many years with her family.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well she had a good run ..oddly often before some old folks pass on they have a brief 1 - 2 day rally --its as if their body knowing its about to die .... takes all the energy it has left for one last burst of life.. may she rest in peace... and be extra sweet to the wife in her time of loss... cuz you only get 1 momma

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Condolensces. She had a nice long life anyways. Nobody in my entire family tree has reached the age of 90 in over 50 years.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well she had a good run ..oddly often before some old folks pass on they have a brief 1 - 2 day rally --its as if their body knowing its about to die .... takes all the energy it has left for one last burst of life.. may she rest in peace... and be extra sweet to the wife in her time of loss... cuz you only get 1 momma
thanks your right

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Condolensces. She had a nice long life anyways. Nobody in my entire family tree has reached the age of 90 in over 50 years.
thanks only problem is its a 14 hour drive from here to oregon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions