My Mug shot.

Desert Don

Dec 28, 2015
On the Mojave Desert near Mojave.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. In the past: Home made detector (circa 1969), World War II mine detector, Fisher M70 M-Scope (1971), Bounty Hunter TR 550, Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Desert Don here. Just found this "Mug Shot" section, so I thought I might as well put a photo of myself (alias "Bucky" on YouTube) up for all to see. At the time I was hunting for an airplane crash site that occurred in 1946. I was able to find where one of the engines hit the ground by using my metal detector. I made a documentary of the hunt. It's on YouTube if anyone would like to see it. PM me for the address if interested. Or just send me a request through my email.

I've been at this metal detecting thing for a lot of years now. I currently use the Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer. My back up machine is a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. I generally take the 505 with me on my Quad when I'm search in rough terrain. I've been a member of this forum for about 3 weeks now, and thoroughly enjoy seeing what others have found.

Bucky at Hobart.jpg

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a beautiful part of the country you are in. Some fantastic hunting grounds!

Best of luck and I hope you post some great finds.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don - You should add a link to your youtube video, I am interested to see what you have found from the crash site. I don't think posting links breaks any TN rules......but not positive on that.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Searched youtube and found the C47 video - Very well done, interesting - with some great history. I was hoping you guys would fine some personal items from people lost in the crash. How cool would that be, to get personal belongings back to their relatives........

OP
OP
D

Desert Don

Dec 28, 2015
On the Mojave Desert near Mojave.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. In the past: Home made detector (circa 1969), World War II mine detector, Fisher M70 M-Scope (1971), Bounty Hunter TR 550, Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a sad tale indeed. I know where most of the bodies came down, and finally found where the engine came down. My goal is to find personal items from the passengers and crew. As I said in the video, one of the passengers was a close friend of the family back during World War II. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/2FKbiwzpdU0

By the way, that Mug Shot is a little outdated. I now use a Garrett AT Pro, and grew whiskers on my chin.

DD

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you think of this? Happened in Nov of 2009 out around Quartzsite, AZ. After getting back home heard my parents friends married daughter was on a plane same area in a near collision, it was so close she had been really shaken up. Then on the news heard that near the AZ/CA border an airliner just missed an army plane or jet. We were talking, some prospectors and I over coffee around the late morning campfire. They told me to get my camera, went to my car got it, came back the X in the sky had moved some distance already.

Attachments

• sktcross1.jpg
    sktcross1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 119

Aztec Digger

Aug 7, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are chemtrails. ��

Top Member Reactions