Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
11899843_10155844835580315_679491213610750295_n.jpg

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looking good :icon_thumleft:
It appears you are sporting a Bounty Hunter metal detector. They work pretty good on the beach and you cant beat the price.

I've found if you run the coil wire in a straight line up the back of the lower shaft before you coil it around the upper shaft you will have better results due to improved coil sensitivity.

Either tape it or use plastic wire ties or velcro strap etc. to hold it in place. This is true for all metal detectors.

Happy Hunting
GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jamie Garrison

Jamie Garrison

Mar 18, 2016
Middleburg, Florida
Detector(s) used
Good Ol'Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you sir... looking at the Makro Racer as my next MD what to you think about that one

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you sir... looking at the Makro Racer as my next MD what to you think about that one

I have never used one or know anyone who has one so I have no first hand knowledge. I did go to their website to look at the features and it sounds like it would be a good detector but I wouldn't jump on it if I were you until I read some reviews or talked to someone who has used one. That's a big step up from the Bounty Hunter and at over $600 you may like something else that may better suit your needs.........

......I happen to know another member who is an expert in beach detecting as well as underwater detecting I will pm him to see if he can address any concerns you may have.

Happy Hunting & Welcome to Treasurenet :wave:
GG~

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goodyguy asked me to respond to your post.

Any detector will work fine in the dry sand, but its when you want to hunt the wet saltwater sand is when you're going to need a multi frequency detector like the CZ-20/21, Excel II, BHID by White's. However the BHID is not waterproof. Forget the AT Pro as it might work on some beaches and false all the time on others. The wet sand is where fingers get slippery an rings are lost.

Then there are the PI's which are very deep but lack good disc regardless on advertisements. You will wear yourself out digging deep holes for a tiny piece of wire or tack.

Read this website from a master. The Golden Olde :thumbsup:

The Racer will only work in the dry sand and not as deep as those mentioned, sorry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jamie Garrison

Jamie Garrison

Mar 18, 2016
Middleburg, Florida
Detector(s) used
Good Ol'Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goodyguy asked me to respond to your post.

Any detector will work fine in the dry sand, but its when you want to hunt the wet saltwater sand is when you're going to need a multi frequency detector like the CZ-20/21, Excel II, BHID by White's. However the BHID is not waterproof. Forget the AT Pro as it might work on some beaches and false all the time on others. The wet sand is where fingers get slippery an rings are lost.

Then there are the PI's which are very deep but lack good disc regardless on advertisements. You will wear yourself out digging deep holes for a tiny piece of wire or tack.

Read this website from a master. The Golden Olde :thumbsup:

The Racer will only work in the dry sand and not as deep as those mentioned, sorry

The website you suggested is a nice read other than the site has been hacked or appears to be.... the images are all links to a "passed R rated" site...Just letting you know

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Jamie Garrison

Jamie Garrison

Mar 18, 2016
Middleburg, Florida
Detector(s) used
Good Ol'Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a few things with me .. I have a little home depot garden shovel, and clip on tool belt and two kiddos to pick up trash..."punishment for not listening at daycare" ...on that note its not child labor if it is a punishment right??? i might need to look in to this...

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sure beats this Mi weather

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread