TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You must be either an electrician or work for the NSA wire tapping:)

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I work in a coal processing plant, once the plant is up and running for the day there's not much else to do, so I surf T-Net.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I work in a coal processing plant, once the plant is up and running for the day there's not much else to do, so I surf T-Net.

Well I said congrats in regards to our global economy. May sound surprising but there are many out there who would love to be in your shoes. So I thought you just got a new job; it was that enthusiastic smile that threw me off.

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a look of contemplation, detecting gear is always in the truck, just trying to decide where to go after work today.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a look of contemplation, detecting gear is always in the truck, just trying to decide where to go after work today.

Well if your holding a vote; then I vote yes. Everyday is a good for MDing, then on the way home spot light some bush game and it sounds like a great day.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Your job seems as boring as mine. I have been sitting in an Italian Police Station for 8 days now just waiting on a tasking so that my team and I can go pick up some tards and take them to their new home for the rest of their life.

Every week is the same thing all over Europe; normally I get out and hunt a great deal during these times but this group of tards we have been after a while and a couple weeks ago I was sent down to Croatia at a really nice resort; hunted the entire time just waiting on local law enforcement, only to find out the slipped the border to Italy.

So no hunting for the past 8 days, sort of sucks because European love getting drunk and leaving behind their stuff for me to find. A coal plant sounds pretty nice right now actually.

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Europe, huh ? I always wanted to start at one end and hitchhike clean over to Russia. But, working in coal plants all my life, I couldn't even afford Canada or Mexico.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Every day I can get out and detect is a great day. Look, the plant pretty much runs itself, and another guy surfing. View attachment 1298964 View attachment 1298965 View attachment 1298966 View attachment 1298967 View attachment 1298968 View attachment 1298969 That's Tony, he likes Craigslist.

C'mon man!
Roller bearings to grease, belts to check/adjust/change, classifier screens, vibe conveyors ,gear box fluids ,shaker tables to do p.m.'s on...all kinds of stuff.

I'm kidding...keep it runnin , and good huntin to ya!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Europe, huh ? I always wanted to start at one end and hitchhike clean over to Russia. But, working in coal plants all my life, I couldn't even afford Canada or Mexico.

Its never too late.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So did you go hunt after work?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
There's a wee bit of sadness in your pictures and occupation... Coals days are now numbered - I won't get into politics here. You may be looking at a career change, and may have that chance to hitchhike Europe - but you'd better hurry up on that too, as Europe may not last very long now.

As a boilermaker in my younger days, we once had a project to empty, clean-out, and repair the coal silos at a Camp Lejune central heating plant.

I wasn't allowed in their cafeteria for lunch....

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I did !, hit an unseen iron stake and cracked my coil, now my detector doesn't work. See my post on Tech Talk.

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Deepseeker, Looking as I do has its perks, you'd be surprised at how many little old ladies hold open doors for me or run to get me a chair and something to eat!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread