New guy in Vermont....

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I have been cruising this site for a while and decided to join and say hello. More later as I am trying my luck at posting pictures. Lots of stuff to show off. IMG_7635_1_6_1.JPG

OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Vermont has ALOT of history. I have nevr owned a metal detector so I like to prowel arround cellar holes and old barns. Bottle dumps are in my opinion reletively easy to find arround here, varying ages of course. I know the old parts of town and look over banks near the old farms and dwellings. Kind of interested in local history as well.
Went digging yesterday at a site found earlyer in the morning. Most of the glass was melted (fire pit?)
IMG_8562_1_1.JPG

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Mugs & Treasure Net.

Fossis.............

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Welcome fellow Vermonter...Good luck bottle hunting..I collect bottles also, and I know Vermont still has some good money bottles buried in the ground. Most dumps Ive found havnt held anything to valuable, but I have seen a few nice ones other diggers have found. Oh by the way I also collect arrowheads that I find here. I would love to take that tractor and till some of my favorite fields that have been grassed over. Happy Hunting.

OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
undertaker.... Maybe sometime we could get together and do a little diggin'. I am willing to give up several spots to dig turn of the cetury bottles. I have never found any arrow heads though. I KNOW I can secure ALOT of Connecticut river bottom land in Newbury, VT. to hunt. I have several old maps of the area also, Corinth, Topsham, and Bradford town history books too !! I am buying a Garrett MD today. I have never used a good one before.

Went digging this morning. These are my finds from this spot so far. Very sad spot, very wet, everything is broken. Too bad whiskey bottles up the WAZOO !!
IMG_8620_1_1_1.JPG

Seems kind of neat to find people who share this "disease". Every one arround here thinks this stuff is JUNK !!!

melvin_it

Nov 22, 2006
South Italy
Detector(s) used
DeLeon; Vaquero; CX II with Treasure Hound; Tracker IV; BH3300; some chinese funny junk as MD1069:)
Wow!!

So you find a site and you dig it? It's not forbidden by the law in USA? In Italy it's strictly forbidden, and people do it illegally so they get arrested when found.
Anyway, dont' t you think that a scientifical digging may discover that site in a finest way?? Archaeology exists just because of it...

SO, do we do an archaeological digging there ;D ;D???

Melvin_it

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net, VPR. Nice looking older tractor...Farmall? Love those bottles too, keep the pics coming.

;) RR

Attachments

• welcome_cat.gif
    welcome_cat.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 440
  • welcome_cat.gif
    welcome_cat.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 436
OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
River Rat said:
Welcome to T-Net, VPR. Nice looking older tractor...Farmall? Love those bottles too, keep the pics coming.

;) RR
Massey Harris Pony to be exact.... I am attempting a restoration.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERMONTPACKRAT said:
River Rat said:

;) RR
Massey Harris Pony to be exact.... I am attempting a restoration.

Ah, the Red Pony...I was thinking that before I typed Farmall. Good lil garden tractor.

RR

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Welcome Vt from your neighbor in NH~

Ed-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions