Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time to treasurehunt !! No boat for 3 weeks. Lots of work being done. Took it back to the factory for some modifications and paint work and about 25 items to fix, as per our signed contract. So now its time for them to make everthing right. And I get some time off. Might try and get up to some 1715 fleet sites, or just stick down here where I know where some treasure is. Got a new permission to a spot where some construction workers found 112 cob coins a few years ago. Or theres southbeach, ft.lauderdale, the sand bar, etc etc etc. To many spots not enough time. Woooo hooooo !! Maybe ill have treasure to post instead of fishing pics !! Im outta here !! Gonna be a chamber of Commerce, picture perfect keys day !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Change of plans ,....heading out in the gulf to longline sharks. Be back in a few days !! Gonna set a sharkline thats 15 miles long with 800 -1000 hooks !! Should have a bunch of good bull shark pics !! Were taking a federal observer/researcher with us. Blowing very hard right now, should be real fun in 6 foot up and down chop !!!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds exciting on many levels. I’ll try to get something posted while we wait. Looking forward to the pics!
WD

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are some pics from 2008 of ODNR trawling Lake Erie.

View attachment 1568495 barn 105.jpg barn 106.jpg barn 107.jpg barn 108.jpg View attachment 1568500 barn 110.jpg barn 111.jpg barn 112.jpg View attachment 1568505 barn 125.jpg View attachment 1568507 barn 116.jpg View attachment 1568509 View attachment 1568510 barn 119.jpg barn 120.jpg View attachment 1568513 barn 122.jpg View attachment 1568515 barn 124.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, the big Spring Break trip to Lake Cumberland is a bust! We were supposed to get a big snow storm and then my one grandson has a track meet this week. He's still staying with us though. The other one wanted to hang out with his friends this week. So, my focus is on the oldest and what happens at grandma's, stays at grandma's.

View attachment DSCN0675.JPG

While I was baking, he caught this huge bluegill!

View attachment 1569408

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey wrightdigger, I love the pics of the trawling operation !! Thats my type of fishing. Thanks for posting those !! I finally made it home. We caught 109 sharks!! It took 3 days to pull them all in. We are only allowed 45 on the boat per trip, so its a lot of back and forth to the dock. Im having problems loading pics. Screenshot_2018-03-26-07-36-45.png heres a big tiger I hand leaderd for 20 minutes. It took 4 shots to kill him it was hand to hand combat and he almost got the best of me. I have to take my boy to school , ill explain more after I get back.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, the big Spring Break trip to Lake Cumberland is a bust! We were supposed to get a big snow storm and then my one grandson has a track meet this week. He's still staying with us though. The other one wanted to hang out with his friends this week. So, my focus is on the oldest and what happens at grandma's, stays at grandma's.

View attachment 1569410

While I was baking, he caught this huge bluegill!

View attachment 1569408

Those are sweet eating slabs.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey wrightdigger, I love the pics of the trawling operation !! Thats my type of fishing. Thanks for posting those !! I finally made it home. We caught 109 sharks!! It took 3 days to pull them all in. We are only allowed 45 on the boat per trip, so its a lot of back and forth to the dock. Im having problems loading pics. View attachment 1569423 heres a big tiger I hand leaderd for 20 minutes. It took 4 shots to kill him it was hand to hand combat and he almost got the best of me. I have to take my boy to school , ill explain more after I get back.

WHOLLY MOLY! That's huge! I like the pose. Gives a whole new meaning to "Ride 'em cowboy!"

I kind of thought you would like the trawling.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_2018-03-26-08-19-17.png heres an old pic of the boat after a similar trip. All the boxes full and stack the rest on deck and head home. Loading the wagon !! Lower right hand corner is the fishing reel/spool. It holds 15 miles of 1400 pound test, or it can be rigged with 32 miles of 700 pound test for fishing sword fish.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I slept all day yesterday recharging !! Still have tingling in my hands from cutting so many fish. Im swollen, battered, and bruised !! Fishing on the new boat Wednesday, and then back out to shark fish. I will try to juggle both jobs for as long as I can, but we are building a brand new longline boat and ill probably end up on it full time. Im gonna see if I can get some more pics sent to me. I was way to busy to take very many of my own.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey wrightdigger, I love the pics of the trawling operation !! Thats my type of fishing. Thanks for posting those !! I finally made it home. We caught 109 sharks!! It took 3 days to pull them all in. We are only allowed 45 on the boat per trip, so its a lot of back and forth to the dock. Im having problems loading pics. View attachment 1569423 heres a big tiger I hand leaderd for 20 minutes. It took 4 shots to kill him it was hand to hand combat and he almost got the best of me. I have to take my boy to school , ill explain more after I get back.
That thing hanging out of his mouth is his stomach !! These battles are fought to the last ounce of energy. Often times they will throw up the contents of there stomach in an all out effort to break free !! This was the first tigershark I ever saw breach, he was 8 feet in the air. The second time he started to breach I hit him with 000 buck shot right under the chin at about 20 yards and he started to slow. But it still took 3 more shots and another 10 minutes to land him !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread