Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discovery channel, A&E, and national geographic have all been out and courted us for a series ,......but it is just to violent and graphic to put on T.V. many people would be offended !! Even though we are the most heavily regulated fishery in the world , and we abide by the letter of the law, it is just to controversial !! I took many samples for the federal observer that rides with us and we do lots of research trips but we are still harassed by many people about our shark fishing. We have been the top producing shark boat in the U.S. for many years only being topped by our sister boat a handful of times. I will clean some jaws today and start the drying process. Ill post pics later.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_2018-03-26-09-44-48.png and yes there are great whites in the keys !! This is one from the early 90s right before they became protected. We tag and release them now !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-806.JPG tiger and bull.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_2018-03-27-19-58-43.png

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill have to measure !! Im still waiting for some pics. I had to go get the speedboat out of the shop today. The shark boys are out at sea again so im still waiting.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great white was spotted in shallow water today in the keys. Supposedly its on facebook with pics . Rumor is that some snorkelers saw it in 15 feet of water !!

Wow just saw it on Facebook !! 60 feet of water, keylargo !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1157.PNG
IMG_1156.PNG
Good video on Facebook !! Its definitely a white !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very close worldtalker measures out at 18 inch !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ain't that computer savvy yet, and im not on facebook. Ill see what my wife can do tomorrow

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I ain't that computer savvy yet, and I'm not on facebook. Ill see what my wife can do tomorrow

I'm with you there. I don't do FB either. Don't let her do it if it compromises her identity. I don't need it that bad. Besides, it'll probably come across somebody's FB eventually.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for showing all the pics and stories about sharks and shark fishing. Two years ago in the Florida panhandle, I had an 80 pound blacktip shark hit my fly when I was fishing for Spanish mackerel from a flats boat. It took off like a shot and after peeling off 150 yards of line it jumped so I at least got to see it before it cut my line. It hit a fly that was only two inches long. I asked the guide, why did it bother hitting something that small and he said, "It just happened to be swimming by"!

My friends and I are getting ready for our trout flyfishing trip over to the great state of Wisconsin in late April. This year, we added another fisherman so we have to tie enough flies for five guys to fish for six days. We just finished tying-up the 900th fly so I'd say that should be enough. Will attach some videos to this thread when we get back!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for showing all the pics and stories about sharks and shark fishing. Two years ago in the Florida panhandle, I had an 80 pound blacktip shark hit my fly when I was fishing for Spanish mackerel from a flats boat. It took off like a shot and after peeling off 150 yards of line it jumped so I at least got to see it before it cut my line. It hit a fly that was only two inches long. I asked the guide, why did it bother hitting something that small and he said, "It just happened to be swimming by"!

My friends and I are getting ready for our trout flyfishing trip over to the great state of Wisconsin in late April. This year, we added another fisherman so we have to tie enough flies for five guys to fish for six days. We just finished tying-up the 900th fly so I'd say that should be enough. Will attach some videos to this thread when we get back!

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those black tips are great sport and pretty good table fare !! Sometimes they overwhelm us with there numbers down here. Tens of thousands in a school sometimes. They leap and change direction and make good runs too. Great fun !!! Congrats SD51 and good luck on your fly fishing trip !! 900 flys....wow !! Cant wait to see some pics !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_2544.jpg heres the first nice size mahi of 2018. caught him yesterday. We have caught some small ones but this is the first decent one !! She almost matches my pants !! This is a female/cow

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1571585 heres the first nice size mahi of 2018. caught him yesterday. We have caught some small ones but this is the first decent one !! She almost matches my pants !! This is a female/cow

Wow! That is nice! You do look a little color coordinated. LOL! I remember seeing one of your first posts with a Mahi. They really don't look real to me. They are so colorful and odd looking. I see several posts talking about bucket lists. I am going to have to say holding one of those is on my bucket list.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mahi is one of my fav fish to eat

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I hope everyone had a nice Easter! I have been fishing!!!!!

We got to feeling sorry about the screwed up spring break for our grandson, so grandpa did some research and found us a hotel to stay in up at St. Marys. So, grandma took her grandson on a fishing trip! He out fished me big time! He caught 6 catfish.

View attachment 1572557 View attachment 1572558 View attachment 1572559 View attachment 1572560 View attachment 1572561

I started out Wednesday all in . We fished in front of the hotel...nothing. Went to goodwill and wally world (his request not mine) came back and walked out to the pier. Nothing. Headed back to the walk way and I told him I was done. It was cold! He caught a yellow belly that I didn't get a pic of because I was inside. The next day was miserably cold and raining. We had noticed Wed. that there was a bunch of guys fishing behind the hotel in a creek, so that's where we went. My back and knees were killing me from wednesday, so I was not so enthusiastic to fish in the cold rain. I spent most of the day in the car. It was so muddy! Got up Friday and went back to the creek. Freezing!! Took a little break and went back out. I gave it my all then. And I have caught my first 2 fish of 2018. He had set me up to crappie fish even though neither one of us really knew much about it. It's been at least 30 years since I fished for crappie.

smlcrappie1.JPG smlcrappie2.JPG

Got him home late last night and I have been hopping around trying to deliver Easter baskets all day! I'm too old to try to keep up with a 15 year old fishaholic! But I wouldn't have traded the experience for the world!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread