New!

Pomblebee

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200714_092823.jpg

Hi!
New to the forum and, well.... Ok, so I'm new to all of it. :dontknow::dontknow: And I also haven't been on a forum in a hot minute. If I'm posting on the wrong thread, my apologies.
I've recently become fascinated with the beauty of stones. Both raw and tumbled.
Many, many moons ago I inherited my Great Grandma's collection. She used to hunt and then polish her findings. I have an entire case FULL. Well, I dug them out from their hiding spot and spent hours looking at them. To be honest, I have no idea what any of them are. I picked out a few that I was curious about and was hoping to find some help. If you like to try to identify, I can keep you busy. LoL
Happy to be here and hope to learn some things!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :icon_thumleft:

Good Luck on the stone collection.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1857568

Hi!
New to the forum and, well.... Ok, so I'm new to all of it. :dontknow::dontknow: And I also haven't been on a forum in a hot minute. If I'm posting on the wrong thread, my apologies.
I've recently become fascinated with the beauty of stones. Both raw and tumbled.
Many, many moons ago I inherited my Great Grandma's collection. She used to hunt and then polish her findings. I have an entire case FULL. Well, I dug them out from their hiding spot and spent hours looking at them. To be honest, I have no idea what any of them are. I picked out a few that I was curious about and was hoping to find some help. If you like to try to identify, I can keep you busy. LoL
Happy to be here and hope to learn some things!

welcome, head over to the geology section and post some pictures under rocks and gems. There are people over there that will be able to help you. Some tips for photos are use natural sunlight, use unglazed porcelain to get a streak test(bottom of a cheap white coffee mug usually works ok), and include something for size reference like a coin or measuring tape. I'm sure there are some others tips I'm forgetting but they will point you in the right direction. Good luck

OP
OP
P

Pomblebee

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome, head over to the geology section and post some pictures under rocks and gems. There are people over there that will be able to help you. Some tips for photos are use natural sunlight, use unglazed porcelain to get a streak test(bottom of a cheap white coffee mug usually works ok), and include something for size reference like a coin or measuring tape. I'm sure there are some others tips I'm forgetting but they will point you in the right direction. Good luck

Great info! Thanks!!

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Texas :wave:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread