spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say no more!!! I thought it was them for sure, but don't forget Alabama, they are no slouches either

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know most folks won't care for this... but I kinda like 'em!
They're really more of a hardcore/dirty southern rock band.

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mmmhmm... God sure DID bless the South!!! :headbang:
Great song, great band....

Bran <><

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have to admit, Skynyrd is the all time Southern Band Back in a day with a few others.

Here is my favorite song by them, T- For Texas, while Gary and Allen were excellent players, Steve Gaines really was a guitarist that his life was cut short, also he was a damn good slide player that not many can even equal to his style. My brother brought me to see them at the Fox in 1976 boy was that a good 3 days of seeing some awsome guitar playing by all 3 guitarists. Ronnie, Steve, Allen, Leon, Billy, and Cassie sure are missed by many.

Today Skynyrd surely isn't what they used to be!

[video=youtube;SY63KTMrkTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=kCTAPlzJCcE&v=SY63KTMrkTM[/video]

[video=youtube;08oiras-irA]http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=8jKpBJ_qcFA&v=08oiras-irA[/video]

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Southern Rock is probably my favorite. Skynard's - Sweet Home Alabama , Allman Brother's - Whipping Post,
Early ZZ Top's - Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers , all early Charlie Daniels. Way too much to name or try to
remember, a few brain cells were possibly damaged during these years. ::) Great times & music.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tubecity,

What - huh, what'd you say? I think some of my hearing went with some of the loss of some of the brain cells :laughing9: :laughing9:

B

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The heart of Skynard died in that plane crash. I saw Skynard for the 2nd and last time on October 17th 1977 in St Pete 3 nights before the plane crash. Back then it was still festival seating, and I was in the very front standing up, 2nd row and it was a party going on while they were playing with Jack Daniels being passed around on stage and on the floor and "party favors" being thrown on stage. I still have a full size Confederate Flag Ronnie Van Zant thew out into the croud and I caught.

Lynyrd Skynard, just like the Allman Brother's with the death of Duane Allman lost the heart of the band with the death of Ronnie Van Zant..........

Kid Rock singing for Skynyrd is an insult.......

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Kid Rock singing for Skynyrd is an insult.......
===================================================================
I surely can't argue with that. Where does 'Kid Rock' get the name anyhow ? There isn't a 'kid country'
or a 'kid jazz, ets. , as far as I know. What's he care, he's making big bucks.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw them the other night on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon and the did Tied to the Wipping Post. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok if your talkin Southern Rock you cant forget .....

The Outlaws

and

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or The Marshall Tucker Band

Or Molly Hatchet