Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
spartacus53 said:
The Beatles overrated? :dontknow: I thought they were cutting edge towards the end and introduced new sounds to music. They had a great song writing pair in Lennon and McCartney, and their harmony was also first rate. The Beatles also had at least 20 #1 hits, surpassing any other group. The Beatles are in my top 5, and I would rank Cream as my favorite, even though they were not as popular. It all boils down to what music you like to hear.

I am just curious, who would you claim to be the best band ever then, and why?

The only good Beattles song was the instrumental Norwegian Woods and
all it would take to reunite the Beattles is two more bullets. For those who lived through that era the Beattles had a reputation for five word songs "I wanna hold your hand" and many of their songs sounded best if you were stoned. The Animals were best known for their lyrics "House of the Rising Sun"; "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"; "Sky Pilot" and many others. The Rolling Stones were most known for ugly guys getting laid and their bisexuality led to the glam rock movement which ended any desire i had to listen to rock music.
You mentioned how many gold albums the Beattles sold. When they ousted original band member Peter Best and replaced him with Ringo Starr they also screwed him out of the royalties from the songs he performed on so he got them back. Along about 1964 he released an album called Best of the Beattles with his photo on it. It was nothing but drum solos. Grandmas and Grandpas all over north america bought that album as christmas presents for their grand kids who asked for Beattles albums before there were any. I was told that for many years that was the best selling album they had. siegfried schlagrule

Found this on You Tube...it appears they did actually sing a bit on the "Best of the Beatles" album. This one is called "Some other Guy".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread