spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to say that over the years I have always loved listening to the following drummers. Having played the drums years ago, these were the drummers that influenced my style. Although different styles, I am sure you can appreciate their rhythms. Ginger Baker, my favorite was a jazz/blues artist, John Bonham in my opinion the best rock drummer and of course Phil Collins who is no slouch sitting on the throne. All of the aforementioned drummers brought their unique drumming patterns like triplets on the bass drum, and intricate beat patterns. I know that Baker was influenced by African rythmns and it showed on his Airforce albums. It seems that Phil Collins also shared some of that influence on his later albums like "Dance Into The Light".

Ginger Baker Cream
John Bonham Led Zeppelin
Phil Collins Genesis & solo career

I hope you enjoy them

B

BigDan

I have no rythm

But here are a few of my favorites:

(The Model for "Animal" the muppet)

Keith Moon

Neil Pert

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Bigdan, I think you really came though on this post. I always liked Mick Fleetwood and thought that Keith Moon was great as well, but unfortunately his video didn't make him shine as bright as he should have. Keith was surely a dynamo on the drums and didn't have to be flashy. Remember he was also in a time before drum solos really took off, as his life was cut way too short.

As for Neil Pert, what can I say, but incredible!!! I loved the way he switched to jazz twice during that solo and couple in the fact that he was also playing the xylophone was amazing. I hate to say it, but that alone, is really one of the best and most innovative solos I have heard. I remember when I saw Genesis playing at MSG, Phil started a solo on his set, then the stage was covered in smoke with the rhythms still going, when the smoke cleared Phil was playing on plastic buckets and trash can lids! The crowd went wild. I will look for more work from Neil and add it to my collection, so thanks again :icon_thumleft:

B

BigDan

I saw Pat Travers and Rush when I was a kid

The Pat Travers drummer was "introduced" as the greatest drummer in the world right before his solo.

Then Rush sent out Pert alone to open their act, they just said, "Ladies and gentlemen, our response."

That settled that

Here's Mick Tucker of Sweet..may he rest in peace:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another good from you Dan. I would also like to give an honorable mention to the song below. He got one hell of a workout through the whole song.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread