spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember in the 70's many groups came out with double albums and most of the songs were good enough to pluck down a few extra dollars. Even Yes, came out with a triple album which was unheard of. When I see the majority of groups playing today, they are lucky if they can fill one album with decent songs. I don't see many good singer/song writers around. Am I wrong? :dontknow:

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
No, you aren't wrong. Ask people what their favorite song is. In a lot of cases it will be a classic from their earlier years. Then ask them what's their favorite song that was recorded last year. In my case, I would look dumbfounded. :laughing7:

DM

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digginman said:
No, you aren't wrong. Ask people what their favorite song is. In a lot of cases it will be a classic from their earlier years. Then ask them what's their favorite song that was recorded last year. In my case, I would look dumbfounded. :laughing7:

DM

You have a point there, point taken!!! ;D

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there's alot of bands out there today that could put out a double LP,but where is the $$,all of my kids friends download for free or buy off of I-tunes,I still have 2 turntables and about 150 Lp's,I even go to record conventions when I can and here in Austin we have a independent record store that still sells Lp's.The last record I bought was the 6 record set from Bruce Springsteen. :headbang: :headbang:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Ted Nugent - Double Live Gonzo, pretty raunchy at the time, my buddy and I were about 15 or so when it came out, my buddy's mom confiscated that one! ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread