Opera - not the Whos Tommy either

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Re: Opera - not the Who's Tommy either

Wow Spartacus you do have some class. :laughing7: Some good stuff. I like a wide assortment of music myself but seem to lean toward stuff with an edge for some reason. There are some bands I could listen to live all day but just can't seem to get into their albums, if that makes any sense.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I do have some class, too bad it's all low class. :tongue3: I am the same way, love most types of music except rap, and just very little country. I prefer the older rock, with a jazz and blues influence the most. As far as albums, most of the bands today can't really put out a decent album for the most part. There may be 2-3 songs that o like, in the 70's you may have had 2-3 bad ones on an album.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used

low class ha ha I used to hate rap and hip hop but we met DC talk years ago before anyone knew who they were and my kids started doing DC talk songs for the youth group at church. It's a long story but someone else asked them to come to their church the next thing you knew my kids ( Straight Up) did an album of original music and we were doing 40 to 45 booking a year. I wrote most of the songs and did most of the music on the tracks. Yeah it never won any Grammy awards but was popular around here. God works in strange ways sometimes. Look he made us. That's kind of scary isn't it??? :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I see you have talent in writing music, that is something I never even attempted to do. I enjoyed playing music. I was very lucky to grow up when and where I did. In the 3rd grade we were already taking music theory and learning how to play the song flute. By the 4th grade I was starting to learn the violin, in the 5th and 6th grades I was in the school orchestra. In Jr High, I wanted to switch to a brass, the Sax in particular, but that was already taken along with all the other good wind instruments, so it was back to the violin. At that time I also bought my first drum set and starting learning the guitar. I loved the drums and gave up on the guitar, so now I am in the process of trying to start the guitar all over again.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used

Same here. They taught music when I was in elememtary school. In high school I played clarinet, bass clarinet and percussion. I played drums as well. I taught myself to play keyboard but anyone with proper training would probably want to ahck my fingers off if they saw me play. :laughing7: I started running sound for my kids group and as the got more and better bookings ran sound more bigger bands and events. My favorite events are outdoor festivals that have a wide range of music. One we used to do had everything from classical strings to the hardest music you could think of. This one was always a challange as we only had a few minutes to set up the bands and sound checks were this works, this works, this works, GO. It was hectic but I still enjoyed it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread