How about these guys?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
They sound like a Green Day knock off :laughing9:

Actually, I think they started about the same time... MxPx started in like '92

Bran <><

OP
OP
vayank54

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Yeah MxPx has been around for awhile. They were called Magnified Plaid

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, funny 'cause I just told my girlfriend what their band name meant... because we were watching the movie Tooth Fairy (with the Rock) tonight and the kid in the movie had an MxPx poster on his wall. Made me smile...

Bran <><

OP
OP
vayank54

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
I want to see that movie. Someone I know is surprised at some of the bands I like and I told them I had another one so while I was at it I decided to post it on Tnet. I used to like Pep Squad too. We were at a couple festivals they were at years ago. I don't even know if they are still around.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I remember them... I might have one of their albums in the 460+ collection I amassed while working in that industry back in the day.

Bran <><

OP
OP
vayank54

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
There was another group something like Squad Five-0. I can't remember right off. A lot of the bands we worked with aren't even around anymore.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, got several of their albums as well. I liked them. :)

OP
OP
vayank54

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Bran, Have you ever heard of Rock and Roll Worship Circus? We had them at our church a couple times.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard of them, but never actually listened to any of their stuff before.

Bran <><

OP
OP
vayank54

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
They are good and a good group to work with. I just happened to think about them for some reason. When I first heard the name I didn't know what to expect.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vayank54 said:
Bran, Have you ever heard of Rock and Roll Worship Circus? We had them at our church a couple times.

Now I know the reason for their name, they sound like a bunch of clowns :laughing9: Sorry, I couldn't resist that little ditty :laughing7:

Actually, they are one of the better musicians you have posted here Vayank :icon_thumleft: Their music style reminds me of a compilation of several artists like: Neil Young and "Crazy Horse, a little Moody Blues and a few others. It's hard to put my finger quite on that sound, but it is good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions