๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LIVE in concert , Thirds & Bang

all great albums !

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey spart, here's a good one for you. My regular hunting buddy of two years (who I met on tnet) was out of work for a while. He recently went back to his old company (bummer - miss my hunting buddy) in the construction business.

Anywho, he calls me the other night and tells me they have a new hire. Well, the new hire turns out to be Joe Walsh's brother. Now, I certainly have heard of Joe Walsh over the years, but, I'm not a fan. Wouldn't even be able to name one song of his. But the celebrity angle of the story interested me.

Seems his brother has a bit of a substance abuse problem. He also likes to do as LITTLE work as possible :laughing7: The last straw was a few days ago according to my buddy. The owner of the construction company picked up a kit to make a customer some cabinets. Walsh's brother was claiming to be a master cabinet builder, however, he couldn't make sense of the kit and couldn't put it together :tongue3:

So, now my buddy has the task of firing Joe Walsh's (who he's a BIG fan of) brother in the coming days :tongue3:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
although Overplayed by Cover Bands,
to the point
of making me hate it

This is probably his most well known song

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good song. Not my cup of tea however. I'll take AC/DC anyday over this guy. Or Lynyrd Skynyrd :headbang:

I'm not really a classic rock guy anyhows. Unless it is one of the two bands above who I love.

More into the music from the 60's & 70's. Frankie Valli, Elvis, temptations, frankie lymon, jim croce and anything disco :thumbsup:

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now THIS was a singer...

Why does it seem like all of the greats died in pane crashes?

Croce, Holly, Denver, etc.

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any of the guys below will kick Walsh's bloated, liver-spotted, over-the-hill ass :headbang:

Not ROTFLMAF since it's not even a contest in my book :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm too stuck on blues these days.

Everything else I heard so many times,
it's like fear of hearing "Wipeout" Or the "Chicken dance song"

AGAIN ! ;D

actually it's rare I Listen to any music these days :wink:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ask a 100 people what their favorite band is and you'll get 100 answers. :laughing7: I appreciate 95% of the music genre. I just won't sit down and listen to rap, or country in general. I happened to grow up on the classic rock, loved the 60/70's soul sound, danced into the 80's, but my all time favorite will always be classic rock.

I think you forgot "Wild Thing" :laughing9:

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean fear of hearing something like this one again...

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya spart. I like some rap, but, for the most part it's garbage music. However, there are one or two songs I like JUST based on the title and/or video. Like this one...
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love most Hard Rap.

Even though it's usually close to the same Beat & Every other word
is the "N" Word

I Don't listen to it alot.
so it's not Boreing

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Joe Walsh is great to listen to but this guy is one one of my all time favorites I wore out two of three of these cassettes along with Meatloaf's Bat out of hell tape.

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one's VERY entertaining fellas :laughing9: :headbang: :tongue3: :icon_sunny:

Spart & Jeff, don't even lie guys. I know you be gettin down in the clubs to this song :laughing7:

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for them :headbang: I've seen this before. It's something I would do too. Who wants to watch ANOTHER boring slow dance by the bride and groom. They REALLY spiced things up a bit and will have one of the BEST wedding dance memories EVER :thumbsup:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG. Probably your greatest post ever, Spart, as you referenced me. Joking. The James Gang, too cool, and we didn't really give a rat's a** when he joined the Eagles. Now njnydigger, let's take you to task. Don't post no videos, as when I hear a song, I wanna remember what I was doin, not some chick dancin. Lynyrd Skynyrd's alright. Let's see, in your pic, Billy Powell passed away not too long ago, so that leaves Gary Rossington as the last man standing. He does play the slide part on Free Bird though. We were reserved about it when fellow Oklahoman Steve Gaines joined up, but he fit right in and made 'T for Texas' his own. AC/DC is the 14 year old boy's dream band. Yeah buddy, I'm right there, and we thought it would get us laid, but apparently most chicks don't dig that. (Some do, but not where we grew up) Some of the greats who got paid better and could afford to fly died in a plane crash. Jim Croce was alright but not that great, and his popularity peaked slightly after his death. That's the one I would have liked to have seen gone on, cause he might have been greater than we could imagine. Ronnie VanZant didn't deserve to die that way, and it made me cry to hear Steve and Cassie got killed in that plane crash too. But the best of them all, with that big red guitar, Eddie Cochran, died in a car crash. That car's fine lookin man, it's somethin else.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread