spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree and here's the living proof, both in sound and looks, these kids are an extension of their father's legacy. :icon_thumleft:

I see that James McCartney is finally stepping out on his own and has much of the musical talent as his father. His new album will feature him playing multi-tracks much like Paul's first solo album. James has a nice tone to his voice and his work may prove interesting down the line.

They could easily cover their father's work, especially on the vocals. When I first heard Julian, I thought it was John... eerie.. They all have talent in their own right and I would love to see what type of music would develop among them.

I hope you give them a listen and enjoy them :icon_thumleft:

Now let's take a look at the band.
James McCartney Bass & Lead Vocals
Zack Starr Drums
Sean Lennon I'll let him have some back up vocals :tongue3:
Julian Lennon Guitar & Lead Vocals
Dhani Harrison Guitar & Vocals - like his father only 2 songs per album :laughing7:

Billco

Oct 8, 2007
Alabama
Paul's son is talented, but my favorite of the kids is George's. I can hear George in his music, but it sounds authentic. Julian has had the most success thus far of any of them, but I never cared for his music.

I love the Beatles. Never heard a bad Beatles song.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found your thought's on Dhani interesting, yes, he is a bit unique and has a sound similar to George's. That being said, he is almost a dead ringer for George in his looks. If Sean is writing, I think he may have stole some of his father's unpublished works, if not, he is a talented writer. Julian's voice has the same tone and quality of John, I think he got lost in the music and didn't know which way to go.. like top ten pop, he never found his sound.

It would be interesting to see them all jam together for sure. That will be the closet we'll ever get to the Beatles in this lifetime.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would you like to come into music with that sort of legacy behind you, because you know what the 'fans' and industry are goin to expect. Same as they expected of Hank II, who went along for a little while. They should all get together, and call the first album 'Beat the Meatles' Album cover to be announce.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Lennon's two sons and Dhanni are more in line in the style of their parents. They have all already covered some Beatle music on their solo careers, so I would like to see maybe 4 Beatle songs, one showcasing each of their father's. The rest of the music can be 2 songs each of their preferred style. I think it would be interesting and I would purchase it to just to see the mix.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread