spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one of the first truly American rock bands that stuck to rock.. They mixed very little jazz and blues into their music as many of the groups at the time were doing. Their only soon to be future counter part of rock would come from the UK in the form of Led Zeppelin.

Morrison was a true poet and performer and the first video shows his depth pretty well. The Doors were definitely ahead of their times and produced some interesting works, the later works are only starting to be appreciated now.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
The Doors were definitely ahead of their times and produced some interesting works, the later works are only starting to be appreciated now.
========================================================================================
Just about my favorite. But IMO, they did far more than other groups with their mix of music than anyone else. Krieger, Manzarac & Dinsmore
were all music majors . And before Morrison went into his self-destruct mode, he had one of the best & most recognized voices rock 'n' roll has
ever had. Their best music never made the air waves . In fact , 'Light My Fire' is one of my least favorites . Most never heard these words.

For seven years, we've dwelt in the loose palace of exile,
playing strange games with the girls of the island ,
Now we have come again to the land of the fair & the strong & the wise.
Brothers & Sisters of the pale forest, children of night,
who among you will run with the hunt ?
Now night arrives with her purple legions ,
retire now to your tents & to your dreams,
tomorrow we enter the town of my birth , I want to be ready.

papajos

Feb 11, 2009
In 1973 I drove from NY to Arizona by myself (I was 17!), I had one 8-track tape to listen to. It was The Doors "Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine". Those songs are now permanently burnt into my head! Have tried to find that album on cd...never any luck. However, my son got me the boxed set "The Doors of Perception" a couple years ago. Lots of stuff on it I had never heard. The Lizard Man rocks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions