Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GopherDaGold said:
Ok I tried to embed the dang video into this post but it didn't work so here's a link instead.

My 1st cousin wrote this song and plays bass guitar in the video. They have toured with Green Day, Sammy Hagar, Guns & Roses, Velvet Revolver, Hoobastank, to name only a few.
Proud? You bet I am!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKNtFq7wS14

I Expected to klick off after the first 10 seconds.

Had my Finger on the Trigger ;D

instead, at 10 Seconds I Thought WOW !

:headbang:

had to listen all the way through !

they Rock !

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Town said:
CrazySlasher said:

I made about :40 seconds. Then I got the dry heaves. Thanks Slasher, I love you too.

OT

after 30 Seconds I thought is this it ?
No music just Humm ?

so i FF to 3:00
Listend for 5 Seconds more.

There is music in there ? :D

or did they just grab guitars
turn it up
& go at it ? :laughing9:

No music lessons Required for that :wink:

Must admit still better then Country though :headbang:

OP
OP
Old Town

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Jeff, to be honest, I had my sound off all the time I played that thing, but felt obligated to at least turn the stupid $%&# thing on. After all, Slasher was thinking of me.

You say there was no sound? Now that's a catchy tune even I can dig. At this moment it's become an ear worm, all that silence. I like silence. Can't get the silence out of my head.

OT

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only got to 23 seconds, :D
Anthemic Death Metal leaves me cold and lifeless.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agnetha was hot!!! Dano. She certainly has gotten old though. Belated sorry about your mom. Old Town, it's fine if you don't or do like music. You might find live music a little more appealing. I'll listen to crap live and kind of like it, but I'll never buy their record. Support your local bands, too. Sometimes you'll find true undiscovered talent, and sometimes they're so bad they're good.

OP
OP
Old Town

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
RGINN said:
Agnetha was hot!!! Dano. She certainly has gotten old though. Belated sorry about your mom. Old Town, it's fine if you don't or do like music. You might find live music a little more appealing. I'll listen to crap live and kind of like it, but I'll never buy their record. Support your local bands, too. Sometimes you'll find true undiscovered talent, and sometimes they're so bad they're good.

I find the live bands on Duval Street the worst of all. Live music is always too loud and the sound sucks. You need studio electronic filtering to make most crap stink a little less. Only concert I ever got lured into was Fog Hat and Blue Oyster Cult together in Miami. This was 1982 and the girl I was with wanted badly to go. She had tickets and I wanted to get laid. (can I say that?) So off I go with this bimbo. Lasted about one hour in that horrible environment and left the building leaving her there. Told her I was leaving but she could not go.

Somehow she found her way home but not for several hours after I did. Never again.

OT

dirt doctor

Aug 31, 2006
California Bay Area
Never heard the song Precious by the Pretenders before , that was awesome , thanks for posting that vibes . :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I think Chrissie Hynde has the sexiest female rocker voice going and the attitude to match . I feel sorry for people who aren't into music , personally I can't do without it . It's great to get into the groove of a song and just go with it . A lot of my lifes memories are triggered when I hear some songs and I'm always ready to hear something new .

Before this thread , I never heard of someone who did not like some type of music , of course the world wide web never ceases to amaze me . :o

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
think you heard bad music ? hah try -- leonard nemoy -- the ballad of bilbo baggins :help: :stop: :sad10: :crybaby2: :nono:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Town said:
Jeff, to be honest, I had my sound off all the time I played that thing, but felt obligated to at least turn the stupid $%&# thing on. After all, Slasher was thinking of me.

You say there was no sound? Now that's a catchy tune even I can dig. At this moment it's become an ear worm, all that silence. I like silence. Can't get the silence out of my head.

OT

oh there was sound, but it's hard to call it music :D
again, at least by my taste. :coffee2:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Town said:
Deepdigger, Pink Floyd is the very definition of crap. No gangsta with his pants on the ground ever produced puke of a more worthless variety than Pink Floyd.

Being "Crusty", this kind of thing is my obligation to point out.

OT
Sorry to hear that Pink Floyd is not just one of the greatest music bands ever they are the best 1967 to now 2 Billion $ in album sales in 47 years i guess they doin something right :notworthy:
Jim

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Town said:
RGINN said:

I find the live bands on Duval Street the worst of all. Live music is always too loud and the sound sucks. You need studio electronic filtering to make most crap stink a little less. Only concert I ever got lured into was Fog Hat and Blue Oyster Cult together in Miami. This was 1982 and the girl I was with wanted badly to go. She had tickets and I wanted to get laid. (can I say that?) So off I go with this bimbo. Lasted about one hour in that horrible environment and left the building leaving her there. Told her I was leaving but she could not go.

Somehow she found her way home but not for several hours after I did. Never again.

OT

Hard to believe you couldn't enjoy Foghat and Blue Oyster Cult, 2 of the best Rock bands ever, Foghat was one of the best Blues-Rock bands and in 1982 it would have been the original Foghat Lineup including Lonesome Dave Peverett

For those of us who can appreciate good rock here you go...YouTube can't do justice, but it will bring back memories.......

OP
OP
Old Town

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Deepdiger60: Number of sales is no indication of quality. Remember, they sold 5.5 million Pet Rocks a few years ago. I'd rather have a Pet Rock, at least it won't give me a headache.

OT

OP
OP
Old Town

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Treasure Hunter, I really hate all contemporary music. What you call rock. I can tolerate some classical but I'd take my own life with a broken Coke bottle if made to listen to Fog Hat for more than 1 hour. Heck, I could of had a very plump tart long ago if only I could have survived that wretched concert.

Couldn't do it.

OT

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DRIVIN' WHEEL by Foghat Rocked

But never could stand Love hurts, or Slow ride

Fool for the City was worn out by overplay
on the radeo & Cover Bands
like many of the 70's hits.

OP
OP
Old Town

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
I happen to personally know all the members of the original FOOLS band. They are from Massachusetts and come down this way on occasion. Even they will admit some of their music stinks. They also admit to sound level being the key to success. Loud is better because it masks poor technical instrument and vocal ability. They seem to fully understand their audience.

Stacy P. and Doug Foreman are two very nice guys. Funny too.

OT

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to see and hear Jimi Hendrix live back in late 1969 at a concert............ :hello2:

OP
OP
Old Town

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Treasure_Hunter said:
Got to see and hear Jimi Hendrix live back in late 1969 at a concert............ :hello2:

He got much better with age. A year or so later he really got great. Him and Janis J.

OT

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahaha, I don't think we can convert you OT. Have you listened to Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper? Sorry, you really wouldn't like that one; don't go there. It's fine if you don't like music. I for one still subscribe to the belief that if it's too loud, you're too damn old. Jeff, I thought Nazareth did 'Love Hurts'? which did suck, but they had one cool song which amazingly got airplay.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hendrix was good because be was better than most at masking mistakes with his innate bending ability and use of feedback.

Any Budgie fans present or too obscure?
And jeff of pa is spot on about Foghat!
Drivin' Wheel was a staple on the 8-Track as we cruised 25th Street in Wichita during the '70's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread