Gaijun1

Oct 11, 2010
Morgantown Wv

band-aid

Nov 10, 2010
Re: It's not called "Classic Rock" for nothing

Treasure_Hunter said:
it has also set back the black race 50 years or more
So, creating a new and creative form of music and poetry, which became extremely popular, sent the black race back 50 years?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

band-aid said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
it has also set back the black race 50 years or more
So, creating a new and creative form of music and poetry, which became extremely popular, sent the black race back 50 years?

The vast majority of rap music glorifies a gangster life style, degrades, dehumanizes and promotes violence against women, promotes drugs, advocates violence and murder against police and even each other.

In fact it was a black friend of mine who expressed to me what a negative impact rap has on the black race and culture.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

:o 1956- Till the Beatles ruined R & R Forever!! Dozens of Great Songs!!! Many One Hit Wonders!!! Thinking back to Dancing to a Slow Belly Rubbing Song!!! Do Kids Today EVEN know how to Slow Dance?? Check Out "You" by the Aquatones, or "Teardrops" by Lee Andrews!! That's Music, Son!!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

buscadero said:
:o 1956- Till the Beatles ruined R & R Forever!! Dozens of Great Songs!!! Many One Hit Wonders!!! Thinking back to Dancing to a Slow Belly Rubbing Song!!! Do Kids Today EVEN know how to Slow Dance?? Check Out "You" by the Aquatones, or "Teardrops" by Lee Andrews!! That's Music, Son!!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Well I tend to disagree, but you are entitled to your opinion as far as music is concerned. Yes there may have been "dozens" of great Doo Wop songs, but rock provided "100's" ;D Again, as far as one hit wonders, you got me again.. Most of the 50's groups didn't have the talent to go any further. Although some of the 50's songs are OK, they mostly sound the same, same beat, rhythm, just a change of lyrics. There was nothing interesting happening and the music sounded like it was produced by a cookie cutter, no real innovation. :tongue3:

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

8) Ok, Spart53, We can agree to disagree! I doubt whether we will ever change each others minds here!! Don't you think that when they started spending Big, Big Bucks to cut & promote a Record, that they can hire the best talent around? There's probably a big difference between that & a $25 Street corner special! Plus when you spend big bucks on promotion, it's easier to manipulate the masses! Or should I say, "hypnotize"! Nuff said!!! :dontknow: Joe

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Of course there is no problem in disagreeing, people tend to appreciate different music and styles. I saw the 50's as being split musically, between the early stages of rock and Doo Wop. The songs you posted were doo wop, the one style I most dislike for the reason the melodies and rhythm's were too repetitive for my taste. You heard one doo wop song, you pretty much heard them all. Also remember, that in the 50's and early 60's it was not so much as promoting a group, or song that got a record airtime, it was the payola :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

one of the best classic songs ever

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread