Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this inspiration from naturegirl :icon_thumleft:

Cover songs, you can like, love, or hate them, but they will be here for a long time to come. There are so many great songs out there that artists love and have a different interpretation of them, some for the better and some for the worse.

Here is your chance to post 2 songs, the original and the cover. Also notice any differences in the song, whether the music, or vocal are changed.

I have decided to post 4 songs that have a common thread of Jimi Hendrix. The 1st song is a Dylan song, and I honestly love Jimi's interpretation over that of Dylan's. Next is Jimi's original "Little Wing" that was covered by Santana & Joe Cocker on vocals. To me the Santana version with Cocker's vocals is more bluesy than the original and equally as good on the whole. The vocals is what really makes this song, Joe is the king of blues. :icon_thumleft:

Remember, there are 100's of covers, find something that is great and post it. I love hearing new music, from older songs. :icon_thumleft:

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
good ones spartacus!

"Hurt" was as much Johhny Cash's as it could have been.

First Nine Inch Nails, then my dear, dear John's

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a most impressive example of a cover. :icon_thumleft: What is most unusual is that a newer group Nine Inch Nails writes the song and an old timer like Johnny asks permission to cover the song and Trent outright gives him the rights to it.... Most of the time it is the newer artist taking the song from the original.

Both songs were good, Johnny's verision really felt more heart felt.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JJ Cale 'Call Me The Breeze' covered by Lynyrd Skynyrd. I just like lots of guitars. JJ Cale's 'Cocaine', covered by Clapton, and parodied by Pinkard and Bowden as 'Propane'. I like Propane better. Hendrix' 'Little Wing', which nobody could really pull off, but Stevie Ray Vaughn did, and left the vocals out. I think I like Hendrix's original better. And I definitely like CS&N's 'Woodstock' better than Joni Mitchell's Starbuck's background music version, but it is her song, I guess.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Led Zepplin Covered (Stole) so many great songs
it would be too hard to Pick 2 or 3

Just found this on UTube

Don't know who she is, however
This Girl is Fine !
& does a Great Cover from Alan Parsons Project

although the original can't be beat

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, you can make a double CD with all the music Zep stole :laughing9: Don't get me started on them :tongue3:

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
The Ramones recorded a lot of very good covers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread