Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything by him, check it out. I won't mention his Dad. He's from Texas, so lots of Oklahoma and Texas references, and if you're from there he hits home. He has some great lyrics. Torteaux Bayou Turnaround-- 'She comes from the land of the bois de arc tree, Scots-Irish and Cherokee' (Should be SCOT-Irish) Then check out 'Choctaw Bingo'. Ray Wylie Hubbard did a great cover, but McMurtry wrote it. And my God, when I heard it, I honestly thought 'Is this guy related to us?' Just a great story, that I could relate to members of my family. "Strap them kids in, give em a little bit of vodka, and a cherry coke, we're goin to Oklahoma, to the family reunion, for the first time in years..." Even better, "Ruth and Lynn, they wear them cut-off britches and them skinny little halters, and they're second cousins to me. Man I don't care, I want to get between them with a great big old h**rd on like an old bois d'arc fence post you could hang a five rail gate from, do some sister twisters til the cows come home". I don't understand hip-hop, and I don't know when to represent or signify or whatever, but I understand every word this guy sings. Check him out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread