spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope it's not Led Zeppelin, but a mellow version of Kashmir by Jethro Tull... No where near the power of the original, but still an interesting. Sad how Ian Anderson's voice isn't what it once was, I guess that is why he has been toning it down a tad.

A full string section does add a nice tone overall.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Two more of my favorites spartacus! Kashmir is my favorite zepplin tune, but my favorite cover is by Bowfire. this isn't the best recording, can't find one. but I got to see Bowfire in person, they opened the second half with Kashmir, it was incredible, I can still hear it.

Jethro Tull, when I was thirteen-something, my friend and I would ride on a motorcycle, carrying a battery-operated cassette player, listening to and singing "Thick as a Brick". We swiped the cassette from her older brother. :icon_thumleft: And we were in Venezuela no less. that song never fails to take me back. :hello2:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have liked to have heard a clean copy from Bowfire. I guess they may have that on a CD. Having taken the violin for 3 years I can appreciate seeing that instrument used in rock :tongue3: I wanted to play the sax, then flute, or oboe, but all the woodwinds were taken and I had to settle for a string. I hated the viola, didn't want the double bass either because I don't like playing background music.

Tull is one of the finest rock bands around, they played NJ last summer, but I didn't go because I already knew the Ian lost his singing ability and I want to remember the last time I saw him at their top. I'll never forget that concert. Opening act was Genesis and Phil Collins was at the top of his game as a drummer. Tull then came out and played their newest song, Thick As A Brick, that lasted nearly an hour. Right after that Ian announced, "And now for our second number." Needless to say MSQ's rafters were shaking from the applause. They went on to perform a few songs from Benefit, Stand Up, This Was, and of course Aqualung.

An interesting side note: Phil Collins also played with Tull for one concert in the early 80's and sat in on a few songs. I am still looking to see if I can get some footage of that release.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out The Gizenslaw's and Willie Nelson doing Stairway to Heaven.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread