spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how many of you own a Sirius radio, but I love it. It's literally have the music you want when you want it for the most part. They offer a vast array of channels tailored to every musical taste and he best part is being able to save either a song, or the artist.. WHy bother saving he song when you can have a performers full catalog

Since I'm driving anywhere from 11 to 15 hours at a clip, I like the idea of being notified when one of your favorite artists is playing. MAkes the night go a little bit quicker :thumbsup:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that like the dinger on the microwave, When the TV dinner is ready.. :dontknow:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, those alerts are a good and bad thing too. :tongue3:

You can be listening to a favorite song and hear beebeep, the alert then tells you the artist and station. If you want to hear that artist, you just push the button. The problem is that you have a ton of great groups, you can get over 8 beeps during any given song. If there are multiple listings, you can scroll to the one you want.

All the music stations are commercial free too.

I have my radio set to several key stations so I can also hunt other stations from them.

Example
100 - Howard Stern
21- The underground garage - A mix of rock/blues
26 Classic Rock 27 Hidden tracks, great but rarely played songs
32 The bridge
06 60's Channel 7/70's 8/80' etc 3 is today's sound

Aside from the music, it offers football, NASCAR, comedy, and a ton of other talk stations

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats Cool Spart!! :headbang: still playin Cassettes in my Bomb.. ;D

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I don't have Sirius, 'cause I don't want to pay for it, but my cd player is broken and the local radio stations are just about to drive me to insanity. Same songs, over and over and over. Broken cd player at work too, but there i enjoy NPR most of the day.HOWEVER, at home I've discoverd all the variety of music on-line, and am having a blast with it! Meeting new people means hearing what they listen to, so I'm hearing a greater variety than ever. I like Spotify, Pandora, itunes, my son says I need to checkout Iheartradio...and of course youtube. I've thinking of trying Sirius, we have the little gadget, just haven't put it in my truck, what is it? 12 dollars a month for the service?

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, it costs about $12/month, and you have to get the radio, and maybe a docking port for home. I just listen to it in the car/truck..

It also has weather stations, traffic reports and a ton of other good listening. I just use it for the music. Once you set it up to what you want to hear, you will never be without an artist you love. It will take some time to hear your artist and save the info, but at the same time, it will introduce you to other channels where music may cross.

AN example is the Beatles. It will appear on at least 8 channels, all cross over stations. Classic rock, outlaw country, the underground garage, The bridge, love songs, etc.. Like internet radio, it is grouped by music class, so you will hear new things too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread