Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
60's 1 Hit wonders- name the band

The first few selections were popular hits from the 60's. All you have to do is name the band.. No cheating with youtube, or google :laughing7: There are a few here I did know, very few :tongue3:

I knew 4, pretty sad :laughing9:

Funny how you may know the song, but not the artist.. It's no wonder they're not around anymore :tongue3:

Just list the number of those you know..

Green Tambourine
Come On Down To My Boat
Expressway to Your Heart
(We Ain't Got) Nothin' Yet
Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
* For What It's Worth I knew this artist, but not the tittle of the song :laughing7:
Dirty Water
Pictures of Matchstick Men
Smile a Little Smile for Me
Reach Out of the Darkness
Fire '68' Hint- Not Jimi Hendrix
Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
Love (Can Make You Happy)
Baby It's You
In the Year 2525
Something in the Air

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 60's 1 Hit wonders- name the band

Absolutely the best one hit wonder song of all time....bar none! Of course I have said this before. ;D

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is exactly what I'm talking about.. I know the song word for word, never knew the tittle, or artist. Then again, I wasn't into teenage heartbreak songs :tongue3: But most everyone would have had heard your selection as well as mine. I think my selection spoke volumes for the times and yet I only knew the group :laughing7:

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other

This got me thinking about a very underrated band in my opinion. Gary Puckett and the Union Gap.....they had some kick ass songs.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We all know there were a ton of under rated bands, and some good single artists for sure and they have been covered in various posts.

I was trying to make it a game, see how many correct names you could come up with. Sounds easy, especially when the songs were #1 at one point.. But... To come up with the artists name is another story :laughing7:

I am sure we can probably think of some of the newer groups from 2000 on, but I want to exercise your gray matter.

Like I said, it's harder than it looks and my score shows it :laughing9: At least I did a little better in the 70's, then again the listed was almost tripled :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is the only one I know from him

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

'I AM THE GOD OF HELL-FIRE, AND I BRING YOU...' Just the all-time greatest intro from the Crazy World of Arthur Brown. Just crank it up to 11 and drive down Main Street with the windows down and people WILL look. (that's your Fire 68 not Jimi) Larry Verne did 'Please Mr. Custer, I Don't Want to Go'. A novelty record. Grassroots haven't attracted your notice, but pretty cool sounds. Best thing about these groups, no videos on MTV at that time, so when I hear the song I remember what was going on at the time in my life.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN, you have to remember this is about 1 hit wonders, The Grassroots were far from that. :tongue3:

I put 'Fire' in because that was one of the best songs in the 60's and one of the few were I did know the artist. I was just surprised to see that out of these 1 hit wonders, I knew very few.. But I do know their songs :laughing7:

RGINN, I am wondering how well you fared on this game :dontknow: :tongue3:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:laughing9: RGINN, you didn't have to write a book :tongue3:

All I wanted to see was the number you knew... Of course I do know all the songs and the words to the songs, but many of the artists names just escaped me :icon_scratch:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

'Updated Way More Better Response'. Saw the title of the post and misunderstood. My correct response should have been, 'I know them all.'

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.

Here's one from my hometown. They started out as 'The Fantastic Dee-Jays with 'Love is Tuff'. Then they went on to be 'The Racket Squad' & then onto 'The Swamp Rats' . The 'Rats' were accused of being one of America's best 'garage bands. I believe they even were an opening band for the 'Rolling Stones' at Pittsburgh's Civic Arena in the 60's.
Knew one member - Bobby Hocko . RIP Bobby.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.

'Fantastic Dee Jays' became the 'Racket Squad' which became the original 'Swamp Rats'.
Here's a 'Stones' song that in my biased, most humble opinion , the local boys did better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread