Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
70's 1 Hit wonders- name the band

Same rules as the 60's, but maybe a little easier for us :tongue3: The majority of songs should be recognized by the tittle alone, they were all pretty popular.

I knew 7, but know the words to the songs, who were these artists :dontknow: :tongue3:

Ride Captain Ride
Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
The Rapper
Venus
Spirit in the Sky
O-o-h Child
My Baby Loves Lovin'
Ma Belle Amie
Indiana Wants Me
Vehicle
One Tin Soldier (The Legend of Billy Jack)
I'd Love to Change the World
Hold Your Head Up
Smiling Faces Sometimes
Bang A Gong (Get It On)
Hocus Pocus
Dueling Banjos
The Night Chicago Died
How Long
Fooled Around and Fell in Love

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 70's 1 Hit wonders- name the band

While the sound of googling is going on, I can actually name all the groups and have most of those on 45's; some on CD's. I won't participate... I imagine the R. Dean Taylor fan club is all a-twitter over a current mention. I'm sure the Jaggerz would Focus on Paper Lace, while Norman Greenbaum and Elvin Bishop (I come all the way from Oklahoma) would ponder the Blues Image. I won't even go on. 30 years after, my daughter asked me to get her a copy of 'I'd love to change the world', cause she heard it and really liked it. Beware the Edison Lighthouse during the Ides of March! Cool, just wrote a new song for Dylan. I could have a lot of fun with this, but within 2 seconds who did the popular hit used today to sell somethin to a whole new crowd, 'Express Yourself'. Not T-Rex or the Staple Singers.

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

damn spartacus making us think about these I actually know a couple. Ride Captain Ride was by Blues image i think. Fooled around and fell in love was by Elvin Bishop. Bang a gong of course was by T-Rex. I believe Paper lace did the night chicago died. And my sister's favorite of those days was the rapper done by the jaggers. All to glad to destroy that record. On the fence with the others not sure about some kinda about others.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bluehunter1973, welcome to the club :tongue3: Honestly, I thought I would have fared a little better than I did.. Then again, I was more into the classic rock groups.

I figured that RGINN would either ace the test, or miss perhaps 1, or 2...

SO way to go RGINN :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Course I aced it Spart. But I wanted to give others a chance. I got an unfair advantage these days, cause we got Brother Nathaniel up here, a strange street preacher. He has some strange religious views I guess, but we never talk religion. I was one of the few people here that knew he was with 'Rebecca and the Sunnybrook Farmers' years ago, and we talk music. (I thought their songs sucked, but I guess Lauren Wood did OK)

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am the youngest of seven so between the damn 8 tracks and records going all at once I grew to hate some bands. werewolves of london by warren zevon was the older brothers favorite. Moody blues and Led Zeplin and to name of few others have been stuck in my head for over thirty years. Too many at one time everyday.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My choice for the best one hit wonder song of the 70's would be ............

"Fooled Around and Fell in Love" by The Elvin Bishop Band featuring the great soloist Mickey Thomas (who was/is a very underrated singer by the way!)

Joined together for a one night stand in 2009 in this video.

Great song.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I tried to pick some of the more interesting songs from both the 60's & 70's for this little game and songs that most people would know, but may feel unsure about the artist.

I was looking to do the same for the 80's, but is seemed too easy to answer..

I wonder why the 60's/70's are in a bit of a haze for me, a purple haze too :tongue3: :laughing9:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_scratch:

How can T. Rex be one hit wonders :dontknow: three number one hits over here :icon_scratch:

SS

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well double S, at the time the Beatles were on the outs and people had pretty much recognized that skiffle craze for what it was and put Lonnie Donegan in prison, so T Rex moved right in. I actually do have a lot of Marc Bolan songs. I really did like 'Ride a White Swan'.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN said:
Well double S, at the time the Beatles were on the outs and people had pretty much recognized that skiffle craze for what it was and put Lonnie Donegan in prison, so T Rex moved right in. I actually do have a lot of Marc Bolan songs. I really did like 'Ride a White Swan'.
Great record, proberbly should have made No1 :dontknow:

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions