My favorite songs in Mexico

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
As most things in a different culture, Mexican music has taken some adaptation.

My two favorite songs in Mexico are:

1. Andar Conmigo by Julieta Venegas. Several years ago, when it was popular, I sat in a cybercafe and the employee there kept playing it over and over. At first it bothered me, but by the time I left the cafe, I liked it, too. I would be out walking down the street, and could hear it playing in houses along the street. I do not claim anyone here without ties to Mexico would like it, but if you search on Youtube, it will be there.

2. Mujeres como tu, by Pepe Aguilar. A very happy sounding song, and those horns send thrills and chills down my spine. After I listened to it enough times, it turns out it is in the category of "She done me wrong song". But, the music is so beautiful it is hard to realize what he is really saying. Hear it on Youtube.

Then,some years ago, Priscilla and the Silver bullets were popular. She took popular old songs from the US, such as Queen of Hearts, translated it to Spanish, and accompanied it with a very fast accordion, and it went crazy here in Mexico. Again, on Youtube.

Once in a while, I like to get on youtube, and search for the songs of my youth. Annette, Everylly brothers; stuff from the 50's and early 60's. It makes for a pleasant evening, often when my wife has gone back to Texas for a month.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good songs, big foot. But 'Cente is King. Or was. He's retiring. Adios, cry baby. But I do like his movies and saw him in concert in Denver a couple of years ago, where I'm probably the only guy ever to yell out 'Free Bird!' in English, and Spanish. He actually looked my way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread