Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A bunch of friends asked us if we wanted to go see the Rolling Stones in concert this spring in Pittsburgh....The Bigger Bang Tour. I thought it might be a good time even though I wasn't a Rolling Stones fan. I kept laughing at how old they were (all in their 60's) making jokes about them coming on stage with their walkers. That's mean....I know.....but I just couldn't imagine them keeping my interest during a concert.

The opening act was Pearl Jam....which was just OK. I liked them but didn't love them. :-\

Let me tell you when Mick Jagger came on stage....it was phenomenal. He was absolutely amazing. So full of energy and in such incredible shape. At one point, Keith Richards sang a song and you could just feel the crowd's energy die down....losing interest quickly. Then Mick came back on and the crowd went wild. He just blew my mind. At one point he sprinted across the stage....running the length of the outfield at PNC park....he sprinted like a 20 year old....didn't move like an older man.

Oh yea...the songs were great, too. ;D

I was just wondering if anyone else caught them in concert this summer.

Attachments

• 729564_356x237.jpg
    729564_356x237.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 171

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...I saw them twice during the Bigger Bang Tour. Last September in Moncton, New Brunswick and last month in Halifax, Nova Scotia! I agree, Mick can move like a 20 year old...and they sound outstanding. I've actually seen them a total of 6 times. I was one of the 500,000 to see them in Toronto for the SARS concert...it was a great time!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
they are impressive arent they? those old guys could out perform 90% of the new bands that come out these days. the new album is pretty good too.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Mona Lisa said:
I was just wondering if anyone else caught them in concert this summer.

Nope; not this year :(
But saw their Steel Wheels back in '89, and 40 Licks a coupla years ago!
AWESOME!!!!!!!! I've always been a huge Stones fan. and there's NOTHING I like better than live music :)
I'm glad you got to see them and were 'converted'...lol
I used to 'kinda' like Willie Nelson, until I saw him the first time....INSTANT HUge fan :)
.....funny how that happens!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread