Gotye or Walk Off the Earth

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I usually don't really get into any of the top 40 stuff but I will listen to it in the car between books on CD. I really like the song by Gotye called 'Somebody That I Used to Know'. Sounds a little like Sting and the girl, Kimbra, has a great voice. I looked up the song on YouTube and saw a band called 'Walk Off the Earth' did a cover of the song. There are five poeple that all play one guitar. The talent there just blew me away. Now I'm not sure if I like the original or the cover more...what do you think??

VS.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hated the first one

the second Rocked !

"Kimbra" ? Hummm , I'm in Love fr the next 4 minutes

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did not see the dubbed version before...very cool. That in itself took some talent to put together. The day I saw WOTE version of this song I spend at least an hour wathcing their other YouTube videos. I don't really care for their original stuff too much but the covers are amazing. I love how they use items that are not musical instruments to add to the songs. The also seem to have production money as of late. They did a cover of Tiny Boxes the theme song to Showtime's 'Weeds' (which I love - show not song) and it was very good and creative.

I'm sure when the new season starts in July that this video will open one of the episodes.

Thanks for sharing.

NJ

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread