Blue Oyster Cult Dont Fear The Reaper

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blue Oyster Cult Don't Fear The Reaper

One more for you old rockers..............Blue Oyster Cult.........

safe_image.php

Blue Oyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper (Official Live Music Video - HD 1080p)

The official '(Don't Fear) The Reaper' live music video by Blue Oyster Cult from 'A Long Day's Night,' recorded in 2002. Technical Details: -----------------...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Old? ,only a few years ago when i started driving with them on cassette.!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eric Bloom is an acquaintance of mine. Back in the day of the early AOL, I helped BOC start their message board/forum. As I was also a programmer for another game company at that time, Eric was also a big time MMORPG fan and we played the game together alot when he was on tour. He often came to the Tampa area for concerts and we were always sure to hook up with him. In the pic, Eric is the one wearing sunglasses, my wife and I are to the far left. This was taken back stage after one of their great concerts. Three other of the band members are in the photo.

BOC-Group.JPG

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, thanks for the post and story.... I was born and raised in Tampa myself......

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool group. Saw them live in the early 80's. It was kinda strange they were dressed in all leather in the 100 degree Oklahoma heat, but what really got me was how short they were! Not a bubblegum group at all.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The church made a big stink when BOC came to play the fair here in town. "Don't fear the reaper" advocated suicide. This was back around '79-'80. My girlfriend parents gave her a casette that had all these "evil" bands like BOC, Maiden, and Zeppelin that had songs played backwards, and pointed out the "evil messages" within. LOL what a laugh! I ended up recording a Styx album over that tape.
And then Alice Cooper came to town - people picketing his "Army" tour - watch out!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reaper is not about suicide....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually only Donald Roeser knows if his song was about something he could sing & put on an album & make money,
or if he had deeper personal reasons for writing and singing it.

Just like all the people purposely playing records backwards & trying to hear words so they can put the band down,
and scare children, everyone thinks they know things the writers don't :laughing7:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In an interview Donald Roeser states it was not about suicide. It is about a woman on her death bed and her dead lover visiting her in a dream helping her lose her fear of death.

Roeser goes on to explain he was thinking about his wife and what would happen if they were separated by death.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Evil music huh? Mclains tribute to vangoh in vincents song must have made the list too. If a song puts you over the edge you were going to go anyway,known more than one who went,nothing any one said mattered,why would a song.? B.O.C. was singing don,t fear the reaper. Not lets go out of our way to meet him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread