jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really Familiar with Mandy or the song, I have to agree with you Joe C's version was a little Harder.

I heard of John Hiatt, But that's the extent on him also.

I have a hunch he's considered more Country ? which is a turn off to me but

WOW

he blows both of them out the water
of course it's his song

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John Hiatt (born August 20, 1952) is an American rock guitarist, pianist, singer, and songwriter.[SUP][1][/SUP] He has played a variety of musical styles on his albums, including New Wave, blues and country. Hiatt has been nominated for several Grammy Awards and has been awarded a variety of other distinctions in the music industry. He remains one of the most respected and influential American singer-songwriters.[SUP][2]

AAH although I'm right he does Country the blues part shines through [/SUP]:thumbsup:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to listen to some of his work, he does do country :tongue3: His arrangement for the posted song was close to Cocker's, did a great job too, but still no Cocker :tongue3:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff/Spart,

Looks wise it reminds me of the good, the bad and the ugly.....lol....no need to explain which players fit each category...

All 3 versions are good....just different styles.....I tend to lean towards the gritty rock and roll, blues, etc....so I have to give the nod to Joe Cocker's version.....

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread