Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Published on Dec 21, 2012
REUTERS & ABC NEWS report Lee Dorman has passed 1942-2012. According to Orange County Sheriff's Department, officers responded to Dorman's home on December 21, 2012, and Dorman was found dead in a vehicle. Police do not believe there is anything suspicious about his death.
Lee was an American bass guitarist best known as a member of the rock band Iron Butterfly. He also played in the band Captain Beyond Dorman was from St. Louis, Missouri, and moved to San Diego, California in the 1960s. He began playing bass guitar in his teens. While recording In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, Iron Butterfly's Dorman assisted Erik Brann with the arrangement of Brann's song "Termination," and was given a co-writing credit.Douglas Lee Dorman was born in September 1942 and had been living in Laguna Niguel, a coastal city in Southern California, when he died.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He could have been 100 and I'd still have no clue who he was :laughing7: Yes, I know Iron Butterfly and their 1 hit, their other work, well, not that outstanding. As far as a bass player goes, he's no Jack Bruce :laughing7:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there was about a dozen different members over the years,

One of them moved to about 10 Mile from me back in the 80's I believe.
Not sure which one, they did an interview with him in the local paper &
he used to stop by the Bar i worked at on band nights, Still didn't remember his name.
not sure how long he lived here, but He eventually died in Harrisburg at a bar, Thankfully it wasn't up here :tongue3:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread