TH, This ones for you.......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill I missed post when you posted it. I was a big guess who/bto fan, another band from up north and yes that dates me but who cares, I will date myself even more, I saw Janis Joplin and Hendrix live......

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TH,

Yeah I remember when the Guess Who's "American Women" got banned because it was considered anti war at the time....

I missed Janis live but did see Hendrix.....me and a buddy walked out near the end when he torched up his guitar....we both thought he was a wacko......lol......

Regards + HH

Bill

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
All nice, but Canada Rocks today with Justin Bieber and Carly Rae Jepsen. Love to see these two. If you haven't seen them just type in the names on youtube. Love them both and yes, at the age of almost 65, I'm a Belieber!! Hey, Call Me Maybe...

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ozzy Osbourne quote; "What's a bieber"? :laughing7:

That explains it! I always wondered why Brian Adams was so pasty white.
He needs to come to Hollywood Bch, where all the rest of you Canadians vacation! :tongue3: :laughing7:

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pat-teckker-cat,

LOL.....Bryan Adams lives in Vancouver which happens to be the rain capital of Canada....folks out there don't get tans....they just rust.....??

Regards + HH

Bill

Ozzy Osbourne quote; "What's a bieber"? :laughing7:

That explains it! I always wondered why Brian Adams was so pasty white.
He needs to come to Hollywood Bch, where all the rest of you Canadians vacation! :tongue3: :laughing7:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ozzy actually said, "What the F's a Bieber"? And I want to add something here. I played Friday and Saturday nights for nearly 3 decades in a band in Austin, Texas. Raised hell, forgot I was a teacher, all that stuff. Made a little money, but nothing compared to the Biebs. He just played San Antonio. Meet and greet tickets were like $450 each. I can't make fun of somebody that made more in one gig than I made my whole life.

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Austin,

Well if you played music all those years.....you obviously know talent when you see it....he's just not just not my style....some of the younger singers are good but you've got to search them out.....Adele as an example reminds me a lot of Janis very soulful....I'll snoop around as see if I can find you some current Canucks that are good also.

Regards

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can not stand beiber......

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I know nothing about talent. Just like what I like. There are fantastic people out there who will never be heard. There are folks out there too like Kina Grannis who are doing it their way. She is sensational. Rey Talamantez of La Sombra, Abel Talamantez of Kumbia Kings, then Kumbia All Stars. Locals from all over just doing their thing and trying to be noticed. It's their life, their passion. Kids today with so much talent. This is their treasure hunt. Searching for their gold. Some finding it, some not. I will never put an artist down. Anybody who tries is a winner in my book and I will always support them. They AND their fans are our future.

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Austin,

Here's another Canuck who unfortunately passed away from cancer Jeff Healey.....he was blind and he had loads of talent and was a wizzard on the guitar...enjoy my friend!

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread