Folks, Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven....

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

In my mind this is one of the better heavy rock songs around....a classic.

A bit of trivia for you.....they played some of their music for The Who early on and since their style was so different.....Keith Moon said you guys are going to go over like a lead balloon....hence the name....enjoy!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still love Led Zep, still listen to them. I get to see them live in 1978......

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to hear the version from Willie Nelson & the Geizanslaws brothers. It's a polka-version.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
brings back memories of when I wrote that song

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Someone pointed out this version by Heart with John Bonham's son playing drums....the Led Zeppelin members gave them a standing ovation......so looks like they were impressed.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, Bill, Bill, shame on you for posting those thieving Zeppelin scoundrels :laughing7:

Stairway to Heaven is great song, but you should hear the original they stole it from. Almost note for note too :tongue3:

Drats, I can't give myself a like for this either :laughing9:

Don't get me wrong, I like many of their songs, but I'll never buy one of their records. I'm more into original artists :tongue3:
Here's a site devoted to a bunch more of their stolen work :laughing7:

Led Zeppelin

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a Navy dependent in Japan in 1972 and a sophmore in high school, Led Zepplin was my very first concert I ever attened. It was at the Buddhakon in Tokyo. Super concert, followed in the months after that, was Deep Purple (where they recorded their Made in Japan album, only 2 songs on the album were from the Buddhakon others were from Osaka), Rod Stewert and Faces 3 nights in a row, Uriah Heep, Peter Frampton and others). It was a wild time in my youth.

Also had tickets to see the Stones twice and the Beatles, but all three concerts were cancelled because members of the bands were caught with pot at the airport.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also had tickets to see the Stones twice and the Beatles, but all three concerts were cancelled because members of the bands were caught with pot at the airport.

Ah, the good ol' days :laughing7:

oldshuz, looking at the groups you saw,and the country, I'd say you have a yen, for good music :tongue3:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
always wanted to see Zep live. Starview 92 or WYSP was supposed to announce ticket sales
on September 25th. 1980 they were to play the Spectrum in Philly.

So we decided to drive around & party all day , so as soon as word came across
we could hit the Ticket booth. I think it was ticketron back then.

If your a Zepplin fan I don't have to tell you what announcement came across the radio instead :(

as for Stairway to Heaven, was one of my favorites for a long time.
Now I prefer any Led Zeopplin song other then Stairway to Heaven.
It is now hard for me to listen to it all the way through.
as it's been Over Played

Last edited:

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, the good ol' days :laughing7:

Coldshuz, looking at the groups you saw,and the country, I'd say you have a yen, for good music :tongue3:

:) And yen was 360 to the dollar then too.. With not a lot of variety on base, going an hour by train to Tokyo for a concert was always fun.

The first Rod Stewart concert of the 3, we took the train to Tokyo without tickets. Got there as the roadies were unloading the equiptment. We (3 of us) simply got in line for our load to carry, dropped them off inside and being behind the stage, we dove into the dressing room used by the Sumo wrestlers. We sat in there for 4 hrs, and once the warm up band started playing, we went out and crawled under the stage and came out right in front of the band. Watch RS and Faces from about 5 ft all night. Great night, we ended up getting a ride home from others from our base that had come with tickets. We went back the next two nights, with tickets, but the taste was as good :)

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the good fortune of seeing Rod the mod.....but as a solo artist only....some of his best stuff was with the Faces....
talent coming out of their ying yang if you ask me.

Regards + HH

Bill

:) And yen was 360 to the dollar then too.. With not a lot of variety on base, going an hour by train to Tokyo for a concert was always fun.

The first Rod Stewart concert of the 3, we took the train to Tokyo without tickets. Got there as the roadies were unloading the equiptment. We (3 of us) simply got in line for our load to carry, dropped them off inside and being behind the stage, we dove into the dressing room used by the Sumo wrestlers. We sat in there for 4 hrs, and once the warm up band started playing, we went out and crawled under the stage and came out right in front of the band. Watch RS and Faces from about 5 ft all night. Great night, we ended up getting a ride home from others from our base that had come with tickets. We went back the next two nights, with tickets, but the taste was as good :)

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spart,

Dude.....on this I'm about 50/50 in agreement with you....lol.

Maybe others can learn from the fact we don't always see eye to eye but can still coexist.....heck there I go being coherent again....must be a zen thing.....ok enough rambling.....I like good music regardless if it's original or a knock off.....I try to be open minded on most things....including music.....

And yeah I agree a lot of the hits were knock off from the original artists.....actually I'll start a thread based on that and see what "long and winding road" it takes.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill, Bill, Bill, shame on you for posting those thieving Zeppelin scoundrels :laughing7:

Stairway to Heaven is great song, but you should hear the original they stole it from. Almost note for note too :tongue3:

Drats, I can't give myself a like for this either :laughing9:

Don't get me wrong, I like many of their songs, but I'll never buy one of their records. I'm more into original artists :tongue3:
Here's a site devoted to a bunch more of their stolen work :laughing7:

Led Zeppelin

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best band of all time!!!! Then the original Black Sabbath!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge Zep fan. This guy does some great acoustic covers.

Thanks for that fitzwilk!
Sometimes I like just to hear the instruments, without the vocals.
Reminds me of Saturday mornings, when whowever woke up first, would turn on the tunes (cartoons), turn the sound down, pick up a guitar, and start softly strumming. By the time the rest of the house woke up, we'd have a full out jam session going.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Rain song is one of their Best

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread