Anyone into country music here?

mammoth29

Feb 22, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to come in here all excited like and respond with a resounding "yes!", that I am in to country music. I would have told you that I like the oldies though- C.W McCall, Johnny Horton, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Waylon Jennings, you get the hint. I was also going to tell you that the new stuff is starting to go back to it's roots which makes me happy. I was going to share all this stuff with you... right up until I saw the Creepin' video!!! That has got to be the worst song ever made! I don't think it was an ear worm, more like an ear parasite.... 8-)

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I don't think Creepy is worse than Billy Ray's big hit. I like Miranda Lambert, Pistol Annies, Edens Edge, and Hunter Hayes is not bad either, but can't hold a candle to Conway, Loretta and Patsy. Just my opinion.

Bill

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't think Creepy is worse than Billy Ray's big hit. I like Miranda Lambert, Pistol Annies, Edens Edge, and Hunter Hayes is not bad either, but can't hold a candle to Conway, Loretta and Patsy. Just my opinion.

Bill

Which hit is that bsloan? I'm in agreement with y'all that like the oldies too.Miss Dolly has the voice of an angel and Loretta,well they just don't make me like that anymore. Sorry for the earwig,lol!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Me, I'm a clean-cut metal head, but grew up listening to country on the FM dial, mom's favorites...I still like the classic country from the 70's.

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Which hit is that bsloan? I'm in agreement with y'all that like the oldies too.Miss Dolly has the voice of an angel and Loretta,well they just don't make me like that anymore. Sorry for the earwig,lol!

Don't know if you remember when Billy Ray Cyrus had his mullet, singing achy brakey heart.
Now he has recreated himself again, R&R, playing at biker bars, go figure.

Bill

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh yeahhh ,I musta tried to forget.:laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Toby Keith,Brad Paisley,Kenny Chesney and the alternative country of Steve Earle,Lucinda Williams,and Emmylou Harris.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like all kinds of music, and Country and Classic Rock are my favs.

I have to agree with mammoth though, don't really like the "Creepin" song.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Toby Keith,Brad Paisley,Kenny Chesney and the alternative country of Steve Earle,Lucinda Williams,and Emmylou Harris.

I had forgotten about Lucinda Williams.She has a real edginess to her voice that I like.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CoilyGirl,

My family and friends have floor tickets to go see the cowboy ride away at the Alamodome on June 1st. Yes George "Choche" Strait will be preforming for the last time. "Choche" is how he is known here in South Texas, it's the Mexican nickname for George.

There are plenty of good bands, and songs to pick out a favorite, but here is an oldie that I enjoy.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love country. No much into the new stuff though. I Think Kacey Musgraves is great. really like her music. and Josh Turner. Other then that I'll stick to the stuff before 1995.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
for some reason I like faith hill ( i heard that she sings some)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
also I was drawn to her video for 'the way you love me'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread