Reason I Havent Been Here In A While

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
Reason I Haven't Been Here In A While

So your prob wondering why I posted in the Music topic area.. I typically psot in the photo area or rocks and minerals.. maybe even a dumpster dive find too.. But I'm so pleased at what happen to me last week.. thou at first it was allot of hard work.

I would say that I'm a simi expert on the would of Ambient Music.. been this way since 2004 and made a few contacts along the way.. the artist.. there was a time when I was off line for several years and artist knew that and sent me their music just to keep me listening.

But upon my return, I wanted to lsiten to soemthing more than just Ambient.. and found a station I had started listening to back in the 80's and yes their play 80's along with other formats.. but their seem to be missing an ambient format.

So I sent an email to the general manger asking for them his station to create an Ambient Listeners channel.. last week I got and email stating that the channel had been created and that I'm the host.. which means I get to select what tracks are heard on thsi channel..

I return to facebook with the news of this new channel.. Mind you I allready had a list of artist within my profile.. Offers came flying in.. one artist after another started sending me thier demo cd's or even full versions..

Last week, I sent nearly 3 days uploading their gifted music and music found at archive.org.. The Channel went live Tue at 10:00 am with my music (well music I've selected) I'm not getting paid for this but listening to the music and havign the artist themselves comment on how well the channels format is set up is enough.

The general manager did say that I would be compensated for my efforts.. and I was about to give up on the channel when I learn it's nothing more than an online browser based mp3 player. I sent word that I was going to leave and the general manager bent over backwards to keep me on.. No I'm still not getting paid.. But big chnages are coming to the station because of my suggestions and I get to keep my channel..

I'm still getting tracks, demo and full cds from the artist and I have to systematicly listen to each and everyone of them.. then decide if a particular tracks will make my playlist.. I've had to turn away three artist allready becasue their music was more noise then music..

Still Idle at the moment waiting for this big change to take place and I have alot of work cut out for myself.. I wanted to make sure that the track currently being heard has or displays data about the artist and the CD cover art. Currently it doesn't

So Not sure Ambient music is your cup of tea.. but you might find somethign at one of the other channels.. Here is my channel.. Enjoy.

Internet Radio Station, Free Online Music | 977 Music

PS as part of the new/big change.. the channels name will be changed soon too. Its going from Ambient Music to Soundscapes.. Look for it and click the like button for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread