Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Viking, this is not 'country or western' music as I always knew. I actually care about it as little as I do 'hard rock'. In fact I like some of the hard rock better! I'm more into the 'old' country/western like Hank Snow, Hank Wms. Sr., etc. I like some of the later ones like Waylon, Willie, Merle, Conway, Marty, etc. But when it comes to the modern ones like Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson, etc., I really don't find many of the songs that I like.
Some other 'genre' that I like: Delbert McClinton, 'Chicago' Bob Hess, (well a few of his songs), Reno Head (lives in Oklahoma), BB Chungking and the Budda Heads (there's some hard rock that I like!), and several others that I can't call up in my mind at the moment.
Also some of my favorite artists are: Jerry Lee Lewis, Ray Charles, Solomon Burke, Percy Sledge, ZZ Hill, Mickey Gilley, Jo El Sonnier, just to name a few. I love music from the guitar, piano, and accordion.
Wish we were closer! I'd come listen to you (provided I was invited)!!! You probably do some songs that I would like! lol

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
texasred777,
Percy Sledge !! Now that IS going back.
I'd bet few here have even heard his name.
Here's his best (1966):
The words, the words,,,,,,, "Loving eyes can never see...." so true.
Thanks for the memories.
Don.....

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like country has left its bluegrass roots and sidled up to pop music...I like country too but more along the lines of Hank Williams ,George Strait, Alison Crauss ect.
Girlfriend loves that new stuff though but we can both agree on George Strait and Alison Crauss.
I suppose they sold out to another generation. I still have my old records so I wish them well.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Viking, this is not 'country or western' music as I always knew. I actually care about it as little as I do 'hard rock'. In fact I like some of the hard rock better! I'm more into the 'old' country/western like Hank Snow, Hank Wms. Sr., etc. I like some of the later ones like Waylon, Willie, Merle, Conway, Marty, etc. But when it comes to the modern ones like Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson, etc., I really don't find many of the songs that I like.
Some other 'genre' that I like: Delbert McClinton, 'Chicago' Bob Hess, (well a few of his songs), Reno Head (lives in Oklahoma), BB Chungking and the Budda Heads (there's some hard rock that I like!), and several others that I can't call up in my mind at the moment.
Also some of my favorite artists are: Jerry Lee Lewis, Ray Charles, Solomon Burke, Percy Sledge, ZZ Hill, Mickey Gilley, Jo El Sonnier, just to name a few. I love music from the guitar, piano, and accordion.
Wish we were closer! I'd come listen to you (provided I was invited)!!! You probably do some songs that I would like! lol
Well maybe...but I have a lot of albums almost all 70's and 80's rock, some heavy metal...and A lot of blues.A little bit of modern country, because my wife and daughter like it. When I met my wife..she,and I, were listening to Van Halen, AC/DC, Rush Kiss, Ozzy. It is all on Itunes so if I ever get an Ipod I could take it with me! I can't imagine how long it would take to put a few thousand albums on an Ipod:laughing7:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mackaydon, that's a version that I had not heard before. Yeah, I go back a ways! Be 72 on the 25th. I've got a lot of Percy's songs. 'When A Man Loves A Woman' was one of sister's favorites. When she would get her disc scratched or broken, she'd always get me to make her another copy. I used to make cassette tapes of it for her. It was one of those songs she just never tired of hearing.

Viking, that is a bit mellower! I've heard it before, just don't remember when. Also, I used to have some albums of Mamas and Papas, 1, 2, 3 Red Light album, Paul Revere and the Raiders, and some others of the 60s and 70s; but just never cared a lot for them. (Just a note: Paul Revere had a house built just east of Boise on a hilltop. As I understand, he sold it years ago. I see it when I go to Boise.)

Foilfinder, I like Allison Krauss also, but really don't like many of George Strait's songs. I could probably sit here most of the day naming artists that have 'some' music and songs that I like. I can't stand rap and hip-hop; but I even like some opera, metal, etc.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen to this type it into YouTube slaughterhouse goodbye

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen to this type it into YouTube slaughterhouse goodbye

Slaughterhouse is a group of people with real skills listen to some of their lyrics. Its not the garbage on mainstream that's brain washing these kids k-rino murda the mainstream is a song too

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'am. in an American theme mood tonight!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread