Time to Thrash!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright folks, Muddy, I know I,m close to the edge but this is as close as I got to any regular thrash despite its geo differences giving it differences.
L.O.L. thrash came out it was like, turn it down I'm about tripping here shock following ,umm maybe a tiny bit of hard partying and apparently getting aged generation.. :occasion14:
This band caught my attention on t.v. in a vid. back then.. ohh yaa.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no you guys! Disturbed and System of a Down is new sh*t and doesn't fit the criteria here!

You guys deserve this as punishment......

Jeff, your song is at 3:02. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a triple shot of some early pioneers who influenced thrash.

Raven.....

Tygers of Pan Tang.....

and of course...... Motorhead! :headbang:

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Continuing with the pioneers, here's two bands that Metallica covered.

Blitzkrieg.....

Diamond Head.....

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a triple shot of Canadian speed metal pioneers.

Exciter (1983)....

Now B.Bacon, you posted the famous Gwar and their costumes but did ever know about these guys?
Eudoxis (1986)

Not to be confused with the glam band Slaughter......

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not forgetting one of the best Canadian speed metal pioneers, I just wanted to give them a triple shot!
Razor.......

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you like Helloween, Queensryche, and Yngwie Malmsteen.......You'll like these guys!

No Quarter

Dec 15, 2014
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw these guys play live with Helloween and Grim Reaper many years ago

Last edited:
OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love Armored Saint! :headbang:

Since things have slowed down a bit, I'm gonna post SWORD!
Their album "Metalized" was in the top for me as a teenager and next to Anvil, these guys were one of my favourite metal bands from Canada.

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm not to good at reviving my own threads! Anyway, let me tell you what this thread is all about....
Just before I started this, some young punk posted a modern death metal song and warned the "old guys" that it will be too heavy for us.
I thought "What a bunch of crap! My old thrash was heavier than this and bands nowadays can't even play guitar or sing."
So, chalk it up as a 40 something year-old wanting to outdo someone half his age. :headbang:

The other day I saw the VH series on 80's metal (documentary) and loved how they explained how traditional heavy metal broke off in two directions.
It explains why I only ever liked the first two Def Leppard albums. Or the first three Motley Crue albums....... GLAM METAL.
You see, heavy metal was the only genre that gained millions of followers WITHOUT any radio play. Social misfits and rebels found their home with metal.
But then bands started to mix pop with metal in hopes of radio play and getting more women interested in the music.
They obtained a huge commercial success but started make metal fans like me, a little nauseous!

I did like some bands that were deemed "Glam" like Ratt, Cinderella, Whitesnake, Great White, to name a few but others made me puke a little bit.
Some of my buddies went to the "Dark side" and their reason was to get more chicks as a lot of women liked glam.
Well, me and the rest of my thrash head buddies had no problem getting woman, as some preppy chicks wanted a "bad ass" as they couldn't find one within their own group.
Like really, did you ever hear of a bad ass dude who listened to Depeche Mode? :laughing7:

Anyway, from a heavy metal purist's point of view, thrash was the true evolution of heavy metal.
So, if you saw this thread and thought that I was being too picky with certain time lines and bands, I've now explained why.
It seems that the late 80's/early 90's was the height of thrash but a lot of that would die out when grunge became popular.

Here's another track from the Painkiller album.... Circa 1991 from truest form of heavy metal, performed by METAL GODS!
These guys were there in the beginning, were at the forefront of Heavy metal during the 80's and showed us through the 90's that they never sold out.
The title of this track is fitting, as that is what you would call us metal heads that stayed true to the music......LEATHER REBELS!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm not to good at reviving my own threads! Anyway, let me tell you what this thread is all about....
Just before I started this, some young punk posted a modern death metal song and warned the "old guys" that it will be too heavy for us.
I thought "What a bunch of crap! My old thrash was heavier than this and bands nowadays can't even play guitar or sing."
So, chalk it up as a 40 something year-old wanting to outdo someone half his age. :headbang:

The other day I saw the VH series on 80's metal (documentary) and loved how they explained how traditional heavy metal broke off in two directions.
It explains why I only ever liked the first two Def Leppard albums. Or the first three Motley Crue albums....... GLAM METAL.
You see, heavy metal was the only genre that gained millions of followers WITHOUT any radio play. Social misfits and rebels found their home with metal.
But then bands started to mix pop with metal in hopes of radio play and getting more women interested in the music.
They obtained a huge commercial success but started make metal fans like me, a little nauseous!

I did like some bands that were deemed "Glam" like Ratt, Cinderella, Whitesnake, Great White, to name a few but others made me puke a little bit.
Some of my buddies went to the "Dark side" and their reason was to get more chicks as a lot of women liked glam.
Well, me and the rest of my thrash head buddies had no problem getting woman, as some preppy chicks wanted a "bad ass" as they couldn't find one within their own group.
Like really, did you ever hear of a bad ass dude who listened to Depeche Mode? :laughing7:

Anyway, from a heavy metal purist's point of view, thrash was the true evolution of heavy metal.
So, if you saw this thread and thought that I was being too picky with certain time lines and bands, I've now explained why.
It seems that the late 80's/early 90's was the height of thrash but a lot of that would die out when grunge became popular.

Here's another track from the Painkiller album.... Circa 1991 from truest form of heavy metal, performed by METAL GODS!
These guys were there in the beginning, were at the forefront of Heavy metal during the 80's and showed us through the 90's that they never sold out.
The title of this track is fitting, as that is what you would call us metal heads that stayed true to the music......LEATHER REBELS!

I get it trust me. I was class of "83". We would go to the local record store, buy EVERYTHING that looked "metal" Had to, no interweb.
I like Ratt, Doken and even Keel (don't smack me bro...) Crue, Saxon, Scorps, Moterhead 'tallica...those are a givin. I had girlfriends that liked Poison....and I did (still do) have the hair so... I could always outplay CC Deville though.

Venom, Helloween, Nitro, Witchfynde...there were a lot of bands that made it without the help of MTV White wolf, Warrior and some others actually made it to MTV. I don't think it helped them though....
Dude we should write a book. MTV Why they sucked and the bands that didn't care!! At least VH1 classic has "metal mania" Not perfect but they try.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Dokken? They Sukken!

Except for George Lynch.

'In the Middle' - Ok George kicks azzz.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I had one of those K-tel "Heavy Metal hits" from the early 80's and remember liking Dokken's "Breaking the chains" but never had any of their albums until "Mr.Scary" came out, which is actually a George Lynch song but I did end up buying the CD. Nightmare on Elm Street was one of the biggest horror flicks and "Dream Warriors" was the main video for the soundtrack.
I did find a lot of it was sucky but loved Mr. Scary and one with Don singing called "Kiss of Death." "Cry of the Gypsy" was o.k. too. Oh, and Ron Keel rocks! :thumbsup:

Anyway, I didn't have the greatest marks in school EXCEPT in history where I always had the highest marks in every grade.
Had a project on the Titanic in "High" school and pulled out the lyrics from this next song and it helped me immensely. Got an A+ on the project!
I learned a lot at church!

*I just wanted to add that the movie "Titanic" never came out until after this song but the dude who matched scenes from the movie with the lyrics and song did an incredible job!
It does this song justice and the history of this famous tragic event. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread