Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember seeing a documentary stating that Nirvana, Alice Chains, Pearl Jam, etc. invented grunge. Wikipedia will confirm that but says the "grunge" sound can be traced back to the 80's (in Seattle of course) to a few lesser known bands.
Me, well I don't really care for that genre but I'm a firm believer that EVERYTHING was created in the late 60's early 70's (with the help of mind altering substances) and I had to go look for this song just prove it! Lol.
Tell me if this sounds like grunge.....1974.....Lemmy! :headbang:

During the 90's, there was a certain band that released a cover tune on their unplugged album and I already loved the original but then one day I heard some young punks (on several occasions) praise the "New Nirvana" song and I had to tell them who actually wrote and performed that song!
Still the best version.....

Sorry, that's all I'm gonna post on grunge. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...Post Grunge? Scott Weiland was in Velvet Revolver, and he was in Stone Temple Pilots, and they were grunge.
So I say yes!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Candlebox. I always thought they were. just read they were also post grunge. Candlebox "You" or "Changes" was my next choice. lol

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never really got the whole grunge thing, seemed like, just wear old flannel and don't wash your hair. :icon_scratch:
I DO happen to love David Grohl! What an artist! He's considered grunge, right?
Here's a crossover tune I like.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I miss MTV, too! The old MTV, where they actually played videos, lol.
These guys rock! Are they grunge? Or is it one of those, if you have to ask....... :icon_scratch:
Maybe it's an Oregon thing? Florida's a long way away, all we got is Jimmy Buffet & Bob Marley. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread