gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh the amazing Tuli Kupflerberg!! Doin' All Right was one of my favorites!! I have this on original vinyl. These guys are regarded in some circles as "prototype punk". They definitely made in-your-face music! I met Tuli at a party in the late 60s in Manhattan. "Claire June" was a great spoof on C&W music. Just listened to this one, it seems a little cleaned up as in the line "I'm gettin' almost as much (I'll use the term "kitty cat" here) as the spades". No politically correct with these guys!! Saw them live a couple of times in the Village, Cafe' Wha I think. Geez, Jeff you put me right into a flashback!! Were you around when they were hot?? These guys did not pull ANY punches!!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh the amazing Tuli Kupflerberg!! Doin' All Right was one of my favorites!! I have this on original vinyl. These guys are regarded in some circles as "prototype punk". They definitely made in-your-face music! I met Tuli at a party in the late 60s in Manhattan. "Claire June" was a great spoof on C&W music. Just listened to this one, it seems a little cleaned up as in the line "I'm gettin' almost as much (I'll use the term "kitty cat" here) as the spades". No politically correct with these guys!! Saw them live a couple of times in the Village, Cafe' Wha I think. Geez, Jeff you put me right into a flashback!! Were you around when they were hot?? These guys did not pull ANY punches!!

I first heard them in the early 70's on 8 Track .

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had it on a 4 track top that :laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff,

I saw these guys live in the late 1960's....strange bunch of guys and times also....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff,

I saw these guys live in the late 1960's....strange bunch of guys and times also....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

I used to have Fugs Member, Ed Sanders album "sanders' truck stop" also.
'the iliad' was way out there :laughing7:
I'm sure it had to offend some :laughing7:

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff,

Regards + HH

Bill

They were GREAT guys, and it was the BEST of times!! I'll never forget the "summer of love" and the sexual revolution brought about with the invention of the "pill' and the lack of deadly diseases at the time. Rock and roll, Motown, folk were in their prime, and the perhaps last of the great C&W artists were still going strong. I saw the Who and Jimi in one night at different venues. I didn't live in the city but was only an hour away and there were great concerts almost every weekend. Didn't cost an arm and leg for a concert then either and no stadium shows, the venues were mostly small enough that you could see the stage well from any seat.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a four track tape one time in an old house on a dairy. My older cousin told me what it was. Then I bought a player at a flea market but couldn't find any tapes anymore, everything had gone 8 track. My first recorded music for playback other than vinyl albums was Santana, on an eight track tape.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they were part of the Manson family - FUG them and their lyrics! That's why I eat at Jimmy Johns - No hippies allowed! :laughing7:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i also had a mini turntable in my 56 ford. 4 track sounded like @#$!%

Scratch allot ? :tongue3: I'd be breaking allot of needles on these potholes.

would be cool for those parties etc. though :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread