Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, besides my trippy chillin seductive thread, I'mma gonna throw this one up. I like to be a little more chill at times, than all headbanging, thrash, mosh pit...... It can get to be like, taking too many hard blows to the head, after a while...... :BangHead: :laughing7:

I love my old soul and funk, but I'm finding neo-soul(?) to be enjoyable. (I can't stand too much talking, like eminem or kanya, not into negative/hateful speech, Mick Jagger did good in Hot Stuff, lol) but I'm enjoying these chills.
Ya'll got anything to add along this line? New artists, cool tunes..... tia. :hello:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Really good, but must confess. I have stated before that I taught high school for 30 years, the last 15 included being a college professor 2-3 nights a week. Friday and Saturday nights and sometime Sundays, I played guitar in a band in Austin. It was my secret life, but had to stop a few years ago because of old age and arthritis. I used to think I was really cool, but as I approach 70 I realize that I'm just tragically not hip...

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headbanging? Around here? :icon_scratch:

I'll pull a few tracks out of my 1500 CD's and hope they classify as "Neo-soul" ;D

Here's an oldie for this genre....

Now I'm craving some Aaron Neville with a beat!

Is this good or should I go back to banging my head?
LOL.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you already Know I like Corinne Bailey Rae.

she has a very sweet voice

Nikka Costa

then there is Solange Knowles. reminds me of the 60's with this

Last edited:
OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Austin, I'm sure you've forgot more cool, than most your students would ever know.
I'm kinda wondering, you played this type stuffs? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
My mind would picture Texas, Austin, ZZ Top, SRV, cowboys boots, horseshoes....... :dontknow:

This is some of what Anthony David incorporated into his version. (Austin, ain't that called plagiarism?) :laughing7:
I ask, cause you the teach. :laughing7: Hope you like this one, too :notworthy: I think it's an older one?

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an oldie for this genre....
Yep, you won my heart with that one. That's hot! I want the aerobic version! LOL. I could dancefloor all night, to that. :notworthy:
Bring on some more like that, thanks.
I like the reggae sound, but in a different mood, maybe while vacationing in the keys. lol.
Did Beatless use Alex Grey graphics? (like, who doesn't.....)

I guess these guys coulda been considered neo soul type kinda sorta, it was radioed to death.
I don't think they had the term "neo-soul" back then, did we? I can see where they seem to cross over.

Even Red crossed over, LOL. Almost, ok maybe kinda sorta, it sounds a little like "pop", but still a good tune.

I like the girls too Jeff. Nikki reminds me of Taylor Dane, idk why? :dontknow:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread