jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a Who fan. I lost respect for them when they did the whole Pinball wizard thing.
not sure why. except to say that whole "Tommy" / Pinball wizard thing was distasteful to me. Childish at best.

I do like some of Townshend's stuff, Mentioning the Who puts a Bad spin on things for Me.

I can always listen to Eminence Front though .
It reminds me of dating in the 80's. and going to bars that had
live bands. if they knew Eminence Front , they always got the crowd up.

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The Who kicked. They were so diverse musically and made everything work. Tommy was an experiment---a "Rock Opera" . They influenced Queen and so many others. Legends...

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not a Who fan. I lost respect for them when they did the whole Pinball wizard thing.
not sure why. except to say that whole "Tommy" / Pinball wizard thing was distasteful to me. Childish at best.

I do like some of Townshend's stuff, Mentioning the Who puts a Bad spin on things for Me.

Townshend, Entwistle, Moon, Dalton. Whew ... what's not to like there? It's understandable that you didn't care for Tommy - not all of the band's new ideas caught on with everyone - but, hey, all notable musicians' work is checkered with high and lower points with their fans.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread