THE BBC LIVE SESSIONS SERIES ON CD

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
For those who witnessed that Sunday night in February in 1964 when the Beatles changed the world, "ON AIR-LIVE AT THE BBC Vol 1 & 2 present live performances and interviews of the four lads from Liverpool from 1962 to 1966. What is amazing is the recording quality, considering that state of art at that time was 2 track, then 4 track analog tape recorders.
The Beatles prove on these recordings that they were a well defined tight band, including the feedback into on "I FEEL FINE" by John, to the 1963 performance of Stephen Fosters "BEAUTIFUL DREAMER" sung by Paul revealing many covers played by the band from their Cavern and Hamburg days.
Other CD's in the session series include THE SEARCHERS, THE ZOMBIES, THE YARDBIRDS (with Clapton, then Beck, then Page), and THE KINKS, with the outstanding rendition of "SEE MY FRIENDS".
These BBC session CD's are on various labels and some are available online from the BBC archives, which include up to current live performances, as downloads.
They are all worth the listen.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
... ???:dontknow: No links?

Last edited:

Don57

Feb 7, 2009
Lindenhurst NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 6T / Prizm 9" Spider Coil / Prizm Mini DD Coil / Garretts Pro Pointer / Lesche trowel
Primary Interest:
Other
The Kinks BBC sessions box set is awesome ! It covers their entire career , the music is great , the book and packaging are great. It's too bad it went OOP so quickly , now anyone who wants it is forced to pay big bucks. When it first came out I paid $65 on Amazon UK.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions