Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[h=1]Fan who triggered Peter Frampton's on-stage tantrum when a cameraman filmed her waving an album cover says she was only hoping for an autograph and she's sorry[/h]
  • Peter Frampton, 67, stormed off stage during a set on Sunday night in Minnesota
  • He was angry with a camera operator for twice cutting to a woman in the crowd
  • The woman, Sherry Tupa, 50, was holding up a copy of Frampton 1976 album
  • Tupa said she hoped Frampton would be impressed that she still had the album
  • She said she was sorry she caused Frampton 'distress' during his concert

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes performers forget who put them up on that stage and keep them there by attending their shows and buying their plastic ware.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, he ought to feel blessed he has any fans still living.

Cams often pan to adoring fans in the audience at events like this, tough to see why he got so upset.
Maybe he didn't like everyone being reminded that he used to have hair.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally if I had been that lady after he did that, I would have taken that album and smashed it right on top of his butthurt head!!! :BangHead: NO apologies either as I ate my breakfast in the slammer...

scotter1

Mar 16, 2014
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,xlt,idx,prism,tm 808,fisher gold bug,1280x,xp deuse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seen frampton with skynyrd.they were great,but he definitely looks like an immature pompous fool here,grow up petey.your almost in a wheel chair.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always thought Frampton was a pretty humble guy, maybe he is and just had a bad night, or maybe he is a self absorbed primadonna.

I can actually see him getting upset if the cam zoomed into the audience for minutes at a time, but more likely it was just seconds.
Never liked the guy all that much, he was huge for a minute back in the day. Feel like we do was a smash hit and unique with the voice box and I liked it, the rest of his stuff I tolerated only because my girlfriends liked it.
Always saw him as a lightweight, and in fact he has made a whole lifetime career off of 3 songs or so. Not saying the guy has no talent, obviously he does ,,, But if he gets upset about something on stage he ought not to take it out on the audience and handle his dirty laundry backstage during a break.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
From another side, if you were paying serious bucks to produce a video and a dumb a$$ camera operator decided they wanted to make their version, you might also find a problem. Once, maybe maybe not but twice?
Your money, your video. The recording is in real time so it's not like a re-shoot is in the mix.

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is true hvacker, but I really doubt Frampton concert recordings are in high demand.

Cams are usually there to capture the concert, the star primarily of course but also the atmosphere and of course the fans as well. Sometimes cams pan to chicks that are extra hot, in this case he probably thought wow, this lady was a pre teen when he was in his prime, now here she is 40 years later clutching his smash hit album that she bought way back in the day.

I guess though we would have to be in that position to know exactly how he feels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread