Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dead at 83

Charles Milles Manson
(born Charles Milles Maddox, November 12, 1934 — November 19, 2017)

Charles-mansonbookingphoto_(enlarged)_1971.jpg images.jpg index2.jpg

The conspiracist in me still says he was mentally ill & set up as an easy target
by the anti Hippy Culture in the '60's.

though I may have heard Wrong.... My understanding he never actually participated in the murder. and that they Claimed, he was their god,
and he directed them to commit murder for him,
with his mind, and he corroborated this.

Normally that would only get a death sentence conviction on him in a kangaroo court.

http://hosted2.ap.org/PAPOE/a5050f4...on-A Life/id-ebeba824d185497ebead65e2c52b7066

Last edited:

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
He was the definition of true evil. I went to High School with Debra Tate ( Sharon Tate's little sister).

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I felt of him as being the equivalent of a cartoon character.

no real feelings about him... just there as a symbol of anti-reality ....

and used for people to have someone to hate

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Dead at 83

Charles Milles Manson
(born Charles Milles Maddox, November 12, 1934 — November 19, 2017)

View attachment 1518082 View attachment 1518083 View attachment 1518084

The conspiracist in me still says he was mentally ill & set up as an easy target
by the anti Hippy Culture in the '60's.

though I may have heard Wrong.... My understanding he never actually participated in the murder. and that they Claimed, he was their god,
and he directed them to commit murder for him,
with his mind, and he corroborated this.

Normally that would only get a death sentence conviction on him in a kangaroo court.

AP News | The Republican Herald | republicanherald.com

Most of the public's perception of Manson is manufactured. He was a life-long petty criminal and conman, yes. He was well-known as a drug-using would-be manipulator of people, yes. His "family" was an ego booster for him, yes, but then his hangers-on went way off the rails. Tex Watson did all the dirty deeds and those whacked-out women were along for the thrills. They all got caught of course, and then Manson became an easy target in order to garner lurid headlines and reap hay for the LA cops/politicians. He was made the main bad guy and went to the joint for life. Then he played crazy for the attention that he always craved. Watson was the truly evil one.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the public's perception of Manson is manufactured. He was a life-long petty criminal and conman, yes. He was well-known as a drug-using would-be manipulator of people, yes. His "family" was an ego booster for him, yes, but then his hangers-on went way off the rails. Tex Watson did all the dirty deeds and those whacked-out women were along for the thrills. They all got caught of course, and then Manson became an easy target in order to garner lurid headlines and reap hay for the LA cops/politicians. He was made the main bad guy and went to the joint for life. Then he played crazy for the attention that he always craved. Watson was the truly evil one.

Yes That is my Perception of Charlie also.
They needed a boogie Man & he being mentally ill, & a "Dirty Commie Hippy" to the haters,
was all too happy to play along for the notoriety

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread