WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wrightdigger says: This is kind of odd. I remember The Spence Davis Group's version. I don't remember Chicago coming out with it.

=============

Ok, now we are getting an idea of when that "Blonde" phase started to kick in.
:laughing7:

LOL! Yep somewhere between 4 and 7. LOL!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
In your defense, it was many years before your time. Don or Bill will remember it I am sure.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
At the beginning of this thread, I told how my mom and dad took me to C & W shows. While this guy never made it as big as his brother did, he was still a beloved musician. About 6 or 8 years ago he came to Sidney, Oh. and played at a school gymnasium. Mr. WD and I took his mom and my mom and dad to it. One of the last good time with the folks memories we have with his mom as she passed just about 5 years ago. They really enjoyed themselves.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
ahhhhhhhh, Tommy Cash. back in the early 60's my parents said they were good friends. Everytime he came to the house the parents made us go to our rooms to play. When Johnny Cash was in town, every once in a while a black limousine would come to the house and pick up our parents while we stayed home with a babysitter. If memory serves me correctly, Tommy was a pretty good cartoonist and drew comics and left them for us kids. That's going way back.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I am surprised that you are familiar with as many songs you are. Again, these were products of a generation or two before you. You are doing good.:goldtrophy:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I knew not one of the Gary Lewis and the Playboys. I like them!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
ahhhhhhhh, Tommy Cash. back in the early 60's my parents said they were good friends. Everytime he came to the house the parents made us go to our rooms to play. When Johnny Cash was in town, every once in a while a black limousine would come to the house and pick up our parents while we stayed home with a babysitter. If memory serves me correctly, Tommy was a pretty good cartoonist and drew comics and left them for us kids. That's going way back.

What?!?!? You knew Tommy Cash? That's pretty cool!!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Wrightdiggers says: I knew not one of the Gary Lewis and the Playboys. I like them!

===============

Really ? They had some junk, but also had some I really liked. Gary could play many instruments. Met him back in the mid 80's at a state fair show. Seemed like a nice guy.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
What?!?!? You knew Tommy Cash? That's pretty cool!!
=====
I wouldn't say I knew him, my parents did. Us kids just got a casual quick glimpse every once in a while. To us, he wasn't famous, just a friend of our parents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread