WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Actual a few regionals, including '60's Orlando label TENER 45 single which has resurfaced on GEARFAB RECORDS CD-
PSYCHEDELIC STATES-Florida on the "60's Vol 4 #GF 276.
In the "60's, I knew Tom Petty during his MUDCRUTCH days, Duane and Greg when they were the ALLMAN JOYS, Don Felder in the Maudy Quintet, and later in FLOW, a Creed Taylor Records band with of my class of '66 Ocala High School friends, one of which we cowrote the Senior class play that banned and never performed.
Was a member of Rusty Day's CACTUS when he lived in Longwood, Florida- their 6GUN TERRITORRY PARK in Ocala, Florida concert is online.
Later went on to being an independent producer/marketing label/manager as field A&R for a major.
...and as Bob Segar sang, Simon, Turn the page.

PS: I saw the BEATLES, September 11, 1964 at the GATOR BOWL, Jacksonville, Florida along with several of the Florida musicians mention above.

The NIGHTCRAWLERS from Daytona Beach had a minor hit with this song on 1965- a BIG hit in Florida, and every Florida garage band played this song which also provided the impetus-"If the Nightcrawlers can make it, so can we".
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers did a remake of "Little Black Egg".

Once again can't get this to load? :icon_scratch: ??? :dontknow: after 5 tries :BangHead:

ODDS FISH!!!!

Have you been lurking in my thread? :lurk: And Peyton Manning and Hillbilly Prince call me a stalker! LOL!

Is this the video you were trying to post?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great song, RTR! I yesterday was the first time I heard it. It's also good timing to post it! Thanks! :occasion14:

You got it.A little before my time but they were the best of the best :)

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Last post. I have got to work.

Another one before our time, but c'mon, surely you all heard it!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, that's pretty cool! Post some more if you can! :notworthy:

The band that recorded all the SNOOPY songs 45's was from Ocala. I knew most of the members, and Tom Richards came in the local music store with a Dan Armstrong lucite guitar that he played on their second album(like Keith plated at Altamonte) to trade in for a Gibson Les Paul. I immediately bought that guitar, being used at half price, and still have it. Tom died at a young age from a brain tumor.
I was asked by the bass player to join a "has been" version of the band, but declined-not my style of rock.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The band that recorded all the SNOOPY songs 45's was from Ocala. I knew most of the members, and Tom Richards came in the local music store with a Dan Armstrong lucite guitar that he played on their second album(like Keith plated at Altamonte) to trade in for a Gibson Les Paul. I immediately bought that guitar, being used at half price, and still have it. Tom died at a young age from a brain tumor.
I was asked by the bass player to join a "has been" version of the band, but declined-not my style of rock.

I loved that song!

Do you still play that guitar? I hope so.

I think I mentioned early on that my dad taught himself how to play guitar. All that info is at the beginning of this thread. My brother bought one and tried to teach himself. He was unsuccessful. I didn't inherit any musical skills, either. My biggest musical accomplishment was forming a group at church and we sang to cds. We were invited to other churches and special functions in the area. That's it. It just doesn't click in my brain, so I admire musically gifted and talented people.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

=========
Some people considered Royal Guardsmen as rock :icon_scratch:.
The Posmen.

Congratulations on a guitar with history :notworthy:
My guitars, and drums, also had a "history"..............................of ABUSE :laughing7:.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread